Talk

Advanced search

Help! What do I get for 18 month old DD3???

(17 Posts)
NoRoomForALittleOne Tue 16-Dec-14 22:40:33

I'm really struggling to work out what to buy DD3 for Christmas. She will be nearly 18 months old. She likes climbing(!), drawing, putting things in a box, dancing, music. But she is DC4 so we have everything that I can think of for her.

Please suggest anything that you know 18 month olds love just in case it has somehow passed me by. I've been really ill and we live about 1.5 hours drive from a decent shopping centre so I need to crack in and order something ASAP off of the Internet.

Imperial Tue 16-Dec-14 22:50:35

Tent, Plastic golf clubs, some kind of ride on, car transporter, own little chair, elc giant keyboard, bath toys, click clack car track, stomp rocket, ball popper toy, wheelbarrow, melissa and doug latches puzzle .... Just looking round the room here at what has been played with today.

Minnie911 Tue 16-Dec-14 22:53:23

I've got my dd who will be 16m the fisher price classics pull along milk float. She would also love one of those pop up tunnels but we don't have the space. My dm has got her a scuttlebug.

DaveMccave Tue 16-Dec-14 22:55:25

I have got my dd16 months a scuttle bug (she has a wheelybug but I like that this folds up small enough to go under a pushchair and was only £16 on amazon)
A playmobil 123 arc (not something I'd normally chose but she loves the one at a parenting group-she is obsessed with giraffes and loves putting stuff in and out of things)
Amby bath ducks (I got sick of replacing bath ducks that get mouldy inside so this looks good)
and a couple of sainsbury's wooden toys and several books.

Assume you already have a swing?

DaveMccave Tue 16-Dec-14 22:58:23

Some schleich animals? You can never have too many of those...

PickledLilly Tue 16-Dec-14 23:02:14

I've done my DD a handbag and purse with cards in it. She loves emptying games and always goes after my purse so I thought she would really like one of her own. We've also got her a ride on toy and some books.

PickledLilly Tue 16-Dec-14 23:03:29

Oh and we got her a shopping basket with plastic fruit in it too as 'putting things in (and out again) of a box' is one of her favourite games too.

ecofreckle Tue 16-Dec-14 23:12:03

Scooter with a seat on, playmobil, kitchen, cars to zoom around, baby doll and buggy, baby cot, play doh, outdoor gear to allow outdoor winter play, little tikes type slide, set of beakers for the bath?

Asleeponasunbeam Wed 17-Dec-14 06:27:15

Wow toys are nice for this age group and up - lots of vehicles and little buildings with chunky people.

NoRoomForALittleOne Wed 17-Dec-14 06:33:50

DD3 has everything on this list apart from the scuttlebug. I totally forgot about how she is glued to one at toddlers. We do have a normal ride on for her but had to remove it when she stopped riding on it and started using it as a stool that she could move easily to help her climb on to previously unreachable shelves etc! I reckon that a scuttlebug would be harder to do that with if we let her use it indoors. Otherwise folding it for popping under the pushchair and playing on at the park sounds good.

I'm considering getting a big aqua draw thing as well so that she can have her colouring stuff in the kitchen but can't be a madam with it in the lounge.

SmileAndNod Wed 17-Dec-14 06:48:15

Nearly 18 month old Dd here has a scuttlebug coming too. And the duplo train. That's about it, as like you we have stuff already. She will be most excited about the paper anyway!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Wed 17-Dec-14 06:48:45

My ds2 is getting a box with loads of tissue paper to rip up. We have all the toys he ever needs, and he is far too young to understand Christmas. I'm lucky in that my older two ate beyond the FC years, so it doesn't look like the baby is being punished!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Wed 17-Dec-14 06:49:17

*are

NoRoomForALittleOne Wed 17-Dec-14 11:38:43

I was hoping that she wouldn't really 'get' the present thing but it is DS' birthday today and she totally understands presents.

HoHoHappyHolidays Wed 17-Dec-14 11:52:27

Pop up tunnel? Pop up tents are also good fun and very easy to store smile

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 21-Dec-14 20:36:18

Thank you for all of the suggestions. My DBro is getting her a scuttlebug. We have got her a beautiful hobby horse as she is a bit obsessed with horses and a set of combi bells. I had forgotten how our older children had adored combi bells at a preschool music group we used to go to when we lived elsewhere.

tostaky Sun 21-Dec-14 23:53:34

I am such a bad mummy... I actually took toys we had already and wrapped them again for DS3 when he was 18 months... shock shock
This year i bought him a couple of puzzle from the charity shop, some electronic play dough from technologywillsaveus and some crafty things from Djeco. Basically things that dont last long. Playdoh is always a great gift i find. and so is craft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now