Talk

Advanced search

Pre printed cards and printed envelopes. AIBU?

(10 Posts)
Pinkje Tue 16-Dec-14 21:07:21

We've just received one from very close family (who probably do have a lot to send) but am I alone in thinking it is hugely impersonal?

I mean the card is preprinted with 'Seasons Greetings from Anthony, Gabriella and Jason'. No hand writing at all as the envelope has a preprinted address label too. Is this just the new digital way of doing things?

Bah humbug.

Treasures Wed 17-Dec-14 03:07:40

Can't see what's wrong with that myself. Might they have used FunkyPigeon or MoonPig? If so, they might have created that one especially for you, which means it took time and is personal. Better than nothing?

Redglitter Wed 17-Dec-14 03:12:23

seriously what is it with people on here and Christmas cards. If folk are going to the bother of sending them and paying ridiculous royal mail prices to do so isn't that the main thing. It's the thought that counts. Does it matter if it's hand written or printed, addressed to the family by each name or not. You got a card is that not the main thing.

someone likes you enough to send one

munchkinmaster Wed 17-Dec-14 03:52:43

I do envelope stickers from an excel spreadsheet (why wouldn't you). Set it up years ago and takes 5 mins to do.

This year I pre printed the from bit. I send a snapfish cheesy photo of the kids card.

We send about 100 cards (costs about £100). Mostly to old dears who i notice may have cheesy photo up all year. I was just trying to make it manageable. Now I feel bad.

LoveVintage Wed 17-Dec-14 07:32:17

Given the cost of postage these days, everyone seems to be sending less cards. I'd be less inclined to critique what you get, and just be happy that you got one from them.

Pointlessfan Wed 17-Dec-14 07:44:41

I wouldn't normally mind that but I was upset to get one from my dad. It didn't even say love from dad, it had his rank and name and was blatantly the same one he sent to everyone at work!

Marshy Wed 17-Dec-14 07:52:11

Munchkin that's impressively organised of you.

I'm slightly shock at the number of 'old dears' on your list. Maybe my definition of that is different to yours as I get closer to becoming one myself grin

FruVikingessOla Wed 17-Dec-14 08:10:27

Similar to munchkin, I've been using printed address labels from a database for years. It saves so much time.

I've got a couple of friends who send pre-printed cards with a photo of their family on the front. I absolutely love them; I haven't seen either family for years and I like to see how their kids are growing up. One sender hand writes their greeting, the other one has it pre-printed. But I don't give it a second thought; as PPs have said, the fact that someone likes you enough to send a card is what it's all about fsmile

munchkinmaster Wed 17-Dec-14 09:00:11

It's all my parents and parents in laws friends. I have culled my list and don't send to people I see all the time so it's the old dears who make the cut!

Pinkje Wed 17-Dec-14 12:25:48

Oh dear I guess I was being unreasonable after all. Perhaps I'm a little old fashioned then as I still write a wee note in each one too - and that explains why I still haven't finished them! Given the postage costs I have culled a few myself this year.

No the comment was really against my BIL - the card wasn't moonpig though he has used them in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now