Talk

Advanced search

Help what to buy for a new bf?!

(14 Posts)
Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 20:42:44

As above really. I've been seeing someone since the beginning of Nov. Going really well but obviously early days.

He's already had a birthday last week when I got him a small jokey thing that went down well and a DVD I knew he would like. I've now run out of ideas apart from another jokey thing. He brought me a present after a few dates just because, which was really thoughtful so I feel like my ideas are a bit rubbish in comparison.

I think he's planning on getting me some books because after we'd been chatting in a bookshop a few weeks ago, I saw him go back and look at some books I'd mentioned when I was queuing to pay for something else.

He's 30, very into health and fitness (I'm not!) and doesn't really drink. We share the same sense if humour but it would be nice to get something that seems a bit serious. As it's early days I wouldn't want to spend a fortune, maybe £20ish.

Help!

WiggleGinger Tue 16-Dec-14 20:46:27

Bit boring but a nice gym T-shirt?? you know the breathable ones similar to what cyclists wear?

wannabestressfree Tue 16-Dec-14 20:48:00

How about something to do rather than a present so plan a date, tickets to gig/show/comedy etc and wrap up clues in a nice envelope smile

Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 20:53:24

That sounds nice wiggle but I'm not sure about buying clothes. I'm probably weird but it feels a bit intimate plus I would be guessing size etc .

I was thinking of that wannabe unfortunately I can't think of anything specific! (I'm rubbish).

He loves Christmas so most of our dates have been things like winter wonderland, the Southbank Christmas festival , ice skating at Somerset House, plus normal cinema , meals etc.

m0therofdragons Tue 16-Dec-14 20:57:24

I'd make up a gift pack for a day out somewhere. Someone I know put notes of the gifts in a few balloons then blew each up with helium then put them in a box wrapped up which I thought was a really unusual way to do it but fun. Never remember that idea at the right time to do this for dh!

Mrsgrumble Tue 16-Dec-14 21:00:56

What about a nice face cream - clarins ?

Woollies - hat etc

My loves body shop tea tree stuff

Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 21:01:41

Hmm, sounds good. I think he'll be opening presents with his parents , do you think balloons in a box might make me look a bit nuts?

Then again this is what I've got so far so I probably already look weird grin

Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 21:02:14

Claims stuff sounds nice.

BettieLeeloo Tue 16-Dec-14 21:11:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 21:18:20

Maybe because we haven't dtd yet, I would feel a bit uncomfortable buying pants, they're generally a good shout though.

God I'm rubbish!

traviata Tue 16-Dec-14 21:51:23

tickets for this

twolittledarlings Tue 16-Dec-14 22:16:12

Health and fitness magazine subscription

Justanotherbiscuit Tue 16-Dec-14 22:53:20

Aftershave? Shop around and try and get a good one half price. Or a wallet? It'll stretch your budget if you don't find an offer somewhere but debenhams have lovely fred perry ones for £30. Try tk maxx for discounted branded wallets.

hth

Whitershadeofpale Tue 16-Dec-14 23:05:42

Thanks everyone, I think I'll go down the aftershave, nice toiletries root. I know he got a new wallet for his birthday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now