Talk

Advanced search

Hostess thank you gift

(7 Posts)
Wigglypasta Tue 16-Dec-14 17:08:41

Can anyone give me an idea of what to take to a neighbours house as a thank you gift for inviting us for drinks and supper between Christmas and new year. We will take a bottle of wine but the wife does not drink and I wanted to get something other than chocolates. She has helped us out a lot over the year which is why I wants something a bit different / special. I am worried about taking something that looks I am passing on a Christmas present or thank you gift I have just been given at Christmas! Budget about £10 - £15.

BlueChampagne Tue 16-Dec-14 18:51:51

Hyacinth bulbs planted in a nice container, to come out in January?
Home-made goodies? Shortbread, gingerbread?
What does she like?

Scottishgirl23 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:54:06

I bought a lovely Christmas Tea tin from Fortnum and Mason as a hostess gift. I like to give these as gifts because they are beautifully packaged and have always been appreciated. You can buy it here: www.fortnumandmason.com/p-8159-new-christmas-tea-caddy-200g.aspx

ArcheryAnnie Tue 16-Dec-14 20:55:49

Seconded the lovely tea. Also nice is an Amaryllis bulb in a nice pot - M&S and Waitrose usually do them, and they cost about £10.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 16-Dec-14 20:56:51

Also a big bunch of flowers is a really nice thing to give. Some people think they are a cliche to give, but almost everyone loves getting them.

Davros Tue 16-Dec-14 21:00:23

Last night some visitors brought me a bunch of flowers with Christmassy branches etc. I love it. No idea where from or how much it cost

Wigglypasta Tue 16-Dec-14 22:13:57

Thank you for all your ideas. I like the idea of the Hyacinth or Amaryllis bulbs so I think I will do a bit of investigating for those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now