Talk

Advanced search

Left my lovingly made bread sauce out all night - do I have to bin it?

(9 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Tue 16-Dec-14 15:15:08

Thought I was being really clever making it ahead to put in the freezer.

Made it late afternoon yesterday, put the lid on the pan and left it to cool. Got up this morning and it was still there <facepalm>. Not warm in the kitchen but that's a long time to be out, isn't it?

It has double cream in it. Can I freeze it and feed it to people at Christmas or will I kill them all?

IHeartKingThistle Tue 16-Dec-14 15:19:46

Oh I put it in the fridge this morning before the school run.

ClartyYakker Tue 16-Dec-14 15:23:54

I would personally put it in the freezer and think nothing more of it but my kitchen is also probably colder than the inside of my fridge at this time of year!

Quangle Tue 16-Dec-14 15:24:07

My mum did this for a bit too long and it went fizzy. I would think that's all that would happen and therefore you would know if it wasn't good. If it tastes ok now and you freeze it and don't unfreeze it again until the day itself, you should be ok.

disclaimer: descended from a family of slobs

IHeartKingThistle Tue 16-Dec-14 15:48:36

So it might be OK? I'll get DH to taste it, I only make it for him anyway!

MerryJeffingChristmas Tue 16-Dec-14 15:50:50

Just heat it to extra mega hot and beyond on the day. I am always forgetting to freeze stuff.

caroldecker Tue 16-Dec-14 19:58:47

wouldn't even cross my mind that it was an issue

sooperdooper Tue 16-Dec-14 20:01:23

If it was me I'd chuck it in the freezer and not give it a second thought, it was probably pretty cold overnight in the kitchen anyway

acharmofgoldfinches Tue 16-Dec-14 20:09:11

another option would be to re-heat to boiling point now, and then let it cool again before freezing. That way you'll know that you're not freezing any nasties in, and you won't be fretting on Christmas day wondering if you've heated it through enough. I LOVE bread sauce, it's one of the best bits of Christmas dinner smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now