Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present for mum's friend

(7 Posts)
RojaGato Tue 16-Dec-14 02:35:41

Hello

I am wracking my brains a bit for a nice gift to send my mum's friend. She lost her husband at around the same time I lost my mum (about 4 years ago), so we have been very supportive to one another, even though we live opposite sides of the country.

My budget is about £40, it needs to be easily postable (or sent direct from retailer). I've sent choclates, scented candles and flowers/plants before, so something new would be nice. She is also teetotal. Aaround 70, very stylish and loves travelling.

I was thinking possibly one of those cake/brownie of the month things, but as she travels a lot it might sit for a few weeks on her doormat going stale!

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

WildFlowersAttractBees Tue 16-Dec-14 08:50:43

TK Maxx have lovely leather travel wallets in my local store. Perfect for the stylish traveler!

Alternatively, a nice pashmina for plane journeys, perfume, lovely face creams, everyday bag etc.

WildFlowersAttractBees Tue 16-Dec-14 08:51:58

Or... I just got my 70something grandmother nice hand cream, nails in polishes and a voucher for a manicure for her birthday.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 16-Dec-14 08:53:31

What about a Magazine sub?

traviata Tue 16-Dec-14 08:58:33

cashmere gloves or scarf?

RojaGato Tue 16-Dec-14 10:29:38

Thank you.

Hand cream jumped out (she had an eye operation earlier inthe year so thought a magazine sub not be right and couldn't decide on a glove/scarf colour), so went looking for L'Occitane's shea butter hand cream and found this on their site uk.loccitane.com/sensual-arl%C3%A9sienne-collection,83,1,64576,643643.htm

Thank you all very much.

WildFlowersAttractBees Tue 16-Dec-14 11:23:01

Lovey. You are putting my molton brown hand cream to shame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now