Talk

Advanced search

What Christmas (food) treats have you bought?

(14 Posts)
mamapain Mon 15-Dec-14 19:25:32

I feel very uninspired by food this year, but the family will obviously want lots of delicious christmassy bits.

Other than a few big tins of sweets/chocs and a panettone I haven't got anything.

What have you got that you can't wait to eat?

bozo14 Mon 15-Dec-14 19:27:05

Shortbread! Yummy.

youllshootyoureyeout Mon 15-Dec-14 19:33:33

Lebekuchen (sp), M & S chocs, luxury chocolate biscuits, salt & vinegar cashews, salted caramel fudge, biscuits for cheese, various salty snacks and pickles. Will be buying cheeses, smoked salmon, various meats, fruit and nice bread beginning of next week (hope the shops actually stock enough this year).

mamapain Mon 15-Dec-14 19:38:58

Yeah I think nut mixes would be a good idea, and maybe a biscuit selection.

I feel like I've missed out on all the good stuff. Normally I know about the special christmas bits each shop is doing. This year I haven't paid any attention.

ispyfispi Mon 15-Dec-14 19:41:13

A couple of Camembert for baking, makes a gorgeous lunch with crusty bread and some cranberry sauce smile
Various pâté and chutney, M&S cherry brandy chocolates, (these probably won't last until Christmas though!)

TInselaffe Mon 15-Dec-14 19:50:58

Port and Stilton flavoured crisps. I liked the bag! I hope they taste nice. Usually the special flavours all taste the same. And some veg crisps as well.

Ferrero Rocher; Hotel Chocolat selection; Bath Olivers; shortbread; cashew nuts.

The Lidl selection of stuff looks really good at the moment.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 15-Dec-14 21:28:30

M&S Italian dessert chocolates are absolutely gorgeous, eaten a box already which was intended for my lovely sil
Lidl Spicy plum & Apple crumble cake
M&S christmas pudding cookies

BiddyPop Tue 16-Dec-14 09:36:28

DD insisted on both Ferrero Rocher (to refill last year's Christmas Tree box) and a box of Lindt special edition cookies and cream chocs (pale blue box).

I have a few lovely amaretto biscuits left from last year.

I bought a stollen from Lidl (annual favourite) and we've gone through 2 boxes of M&S luxury mince pies (the gold box) but they're out of stock everywhere.

We have a tradition of buying a few M&S savoury nibbles packs, and I have put away a prawns, set of chicken and steak pies, sausage rolls, and a mini quiches pack. And a Tesco indian mix pack too. (All in freezer). I will get more M&S ones on Christmas Eve.

I also got some beautiful looking Greek chocs this year (work trip to Athens in late November).

I don't buy tins of biscuits - instead I get a good handful of nice packets to open a selection. So I have Oreos, good choc chip cookies, choc digestives, fig rolls, walkers shortbread and raspberry and custard creams all ordered for my internet delivery this week.

Have a pack of KP roasted peanuts already. I might get some more cashews or roasted almonds as well. And I want some olives - neighbours had some gorgeous ones covered in chilli the other night!

And cheese - I have a Carrigaline, Cooleeny, a nice cheddar and sliced Brugges. But I need to get a soft one (or 2) and some Stilton. And possibly replace the cheddar as that is fast disappearing...

BlueChampagne Tue 16-Dec-14 11:55:54

smoked fish from www.pinneysoforford.co.uk/.

ReluctantCamper Tue 16-Dec-14 12:01:10

A side of smoked salmon stashed in the freezer, nice terrines and choc coated nuts, all from lidl, plus a ton of booze!

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Dec-14 12:14:52

Nothing yet. Only the three of us on christmas day, no visitors at all over the holidays, so we'll just choose something each from the shops

FurryDogMother Tue 16-Dec-14 12:23:35

Opies Pickled Walnuts with Port
Opies Stem Ginger with Teachers Whisky
Elizabeth Shaw Mint Flutes and Cappuccino Flutes (biscuits)
KP Cheese Footballs (my secret once-a-year vice!)
Heston's Christmas Pudding ice cream
The Licktator's General Custard Vanilla Custard ice cream
Sticky Ginger Pudding

HollyJollyXmas Tue 16-Dec-14 14:26:46

So far, just some lebukchen (sp?) for me and some chocolate santa biscuits for the kids.

Planning to buy:

Lots of cheese, crackers, chutney, pickles, grapes etc so me and DH can have a cheeseboard several times over the Christmas break grin

Pringles (many, many Pringles!) and dips

Some mini mince pies

Rose and violet cremes (for me)

Whatever family-sized boxes of chocs are on offer when I do the Xmas shop

A jar of salted caramel sauce for me to eat from the jar with a spoon have with ice cream grin

OhHolyChildOfGallifrey Tue 16-Dec-14 21:47:36

I got all our Xmas treats today...mini stollen bites, Florentines, 4 tubs of chocolates (Roses etc), dry roasted nuts, salted nuts, honey roasted nuts, Xmas tree brioche, nice Belgian choc biscuits, Pringles, biscuits for cheese, mince pies, cream, nice coffee and Lotus biscoff spread. Will have to re stock the stollen and Florentines blush

Will be buying various cheeses on Monday fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now