For:
- dd's reception class teacher
- dd's TA

- ds's nursery nurse who has been amazing during his first term at nursery

Many thanks!!

mameulah Mon 15-Dec-14 18:50:55

A thank you card, and/or wine!

iwantavuvezela Mon 15-Dec-14 18:59:34

Do you have a TKMAX near you. They have loads of lovely bags of fudge, hot chocolate, different selections of chocolates, glass jars of preserves, soaps etc. perfect for lots of little gifts.
Or else can you go to a fair or market and buy a Christmas decoration each.

When my DD was in nursery I bought her care workers a lovely re-usable type bag , they loved them!

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 15-Dec-14 19:11:09

I just wrapped a small box with festive paper & put in a box each of tea & coffee bags, bag of m&s chocs and a pack of m&s xmas pudding biscuits. I do this each year for all 6 staff members to share.

parentallyinept Mon 15-Dec-14 19:11:14

We've given our teachers a M&S sleigh treat set to share in the teachers lounge - it was a lovely cardboard sleigh with four different 'present' boxes, each with a different edible treat (chocolate truffles, mini gingerbread men and the like). They looked good, were half price, and there's nothing to have to find a home for when eaten☺️
They seemed to go down well

Larrytheleprechaun Mon 15-Dec-14 19:36:52

Nice big fattening gooey cake for the staff room a couple of days before the holidays.

bestofthesunshine Mon 15-Dec-14 19:38:51

costa vouchers

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Mon 15-Dec-14 20:47:13

All your ideas sound thoughtful. I am a teacher and it's lovely to receive a little gift at this time of year. My best pressies have been hand made by the children or grown up things like wine, chocolates and lotions/potions. Vouchers are also fabulous! (Sometimes the parents club together). Flowers and plants can be tricky if the recipient is going away. In our school we have loads of goodies in the staff room already, and limited days to consume them all. Thank you for thinking about your DCs teachers!

Imnotweirdimlimitededition1 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:18:05

Mini bottles of wine, lip balm, mini purse from sales, small perfume such as copies from next or M&S, car air freshners( my ds picked these one year). I steer away from sweets as I think they must get loads of these

nic013 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:49:57

I make tree decorations for my son's teachers

jopickles Tue 16-Dec-14 14:23:52

I bought some cute little post it notes and mini highlighters so they are useful things and along with some nice choccies make a nice little parcel

LokiBear Tue 16-Dec-14 17:03:09

Tree decoration. I'm a teacher and have several from kids. I love them because it feels really personal.

KatoPotato Tue 16-Dec-14 17:17:52

DS told me his teacher kept losing her rubber so we got a nice one from Cath Kidson £1.50 and a notebook and pencil to match

StuntBottom Tue 16-Dec-14 17:23:54

Voucher for a coffee shop. Easy to buy, easy to stick in with a Christmas card. Job done!

Greencurtain Tue 16-Dec-14 17:27:06

Card
Posh tea or coffee gift set
Make a Christmas decoration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now