Talk

Advanced search

Which Christmassy films for almost 3 and a 5yo?

(17 Posts)
EmGee Mon 15-Dec-14 13:13:50

Have already watched:

Frozen
The Snowman
Gruffalo/Gruffalo's Child
Mary Poppins (not Christmassy but never mind!)
Peppa Pig Christmas episodes

TIA for any ideas smile

OohMrDarcy Mon 15-Dec-14 13:14:19

The polar express
Arthur Christmas

Hopefully Mon 15-Dec-14 13:18:05

Mine LOVE Arthur Christmas (they are 3.5 and 6, but got it last year, and enjoyed it then too). I am struggling to top it this year and debating Elf or the grinch.

mrsfarquhar Mon 15-Dec-14 13:27:19

Muppet Christmas Carol is a must in our house. We have a whole ritual based on watching it.

Suddengeekgirl Mon 15-Dec-14 13:31:40

I wouldn't try elf as there are a few bits where the whole "Father Christmas isn't real" thing gets mentioned. confused

We like the Christmas Ben and Holly
Christmas Octonauts
Cbeebies pantos
Room on a broom is also great but not super Christmassy!

TarnishdWithAshAndSootgremlin Mon 15-Dec-14 13:31:44

My 3.5 year old watched Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and quite enjoyed that, lot of old fashioned Disney slapstick with nice messages, found it funny.

We have Arthur Christmas for this Christmas Eve so can't recommend yet.

Polar Express was ok last year, but he found it a bit...creepy so not sure!

Mine also loves the Ceebeebies Christmas specials of anything like Sarah and Duck or Charlie and Lola.

Snowman and Snowdog.

Clueing4looks Mon 15-Dec-14 13:55:48

The littlest light on the Christmas tree - it's lovely!

IWillOnlyEatBeans Mon 15-Dec-14 13:58:11

Arthur Christmas definitely! My 2 and nearly-5 yr old LOVE it.

DS1 was terrified of The Polar Express though.

There is a Christmas episode of The Numberjacks that is also asked for day-in day-out. Countdown to Christmas. It's only 15 minutes long though!

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 15-Dec-14 13:59:02

The Search for Santa Paws my 5 and 7 year old love this.

Also Nativity, the last 30 mins where they do the show my two must have watched every day last christmas.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 15-Dec-14 13:59:20

We are going to try The Grinch with just turned 3 DD.

jellybeans Mon 15-Dec-14 14:05:45

Bob the builder a christmas to remember
Polar Express
home Alone
The snowman and the snowdog
Muppets christmas carol

Patilla Mon 15-Dec-14 14:23:45

Arthur Christmas is top of my list.

Elmo's christnas countdown is a bit dated but has a great sense of Christmas Eve.

Saving Santa is slightly less brilliant than Arthur Christmas but good in that it's not got the whole "is he real" dilemma, just talk about the Christmas spirit. It does get slightly confusing for 6 year old DS around the time travel but it doesn't spoil his enjoyment of it at all.

BabsUnited Mon 15-Dec-14 14:25:04

Where is the best place to get these films - are you all watching from YouTube/Netflicks or do you have DVDs? We DH have a 'no new DVDs' policy since converting them all to some special format which means we can watch through Apple TV and get rid of the physical DVDs, and I don't think it'd go down too well if I bought a load of Christmas DVDs...

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 15-Dec-14 14:39:26

showbox We go to CEX and buy them second hand, and sell a few to the shop that I no longer watch.

BabsUnited Mon 15-Dec-14 17:03:03

Thanks Think! <off to google>

iseenodust Mon 15-Dec-14 18:08:38

Rudolph & the island of misfit toys. DS watched it many times over for a number of years.

babycakes76 Mon 15-Dec-14 19:29:00

My DD loves watching 'elf on the shelf' (cartoon around 30 mins long).

And 'Elf'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now