Talk

Advanced search

mini gifts for place settings

(13 Posts)
Heels99 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:13:11

Hi - other than crackers any good little ideas for place settings i.e mini gift?
I have done pots of gold in the past but that involves putting sweets on a childs place setting and then not letting them eat them till after dinner which can cause problems!
any pinterest ideas to link to?

thanks

Stopmithering Sun 14-Dec-14 21:16:26

Those little light up penguins that M & S do for about £3?
Lego minifigures?
Spiced christmas tree biscuits with names iced on them?

DamselNotInHerDress Sun 14-Dec-14 21:29:57

I have 15 table presents...
Driving gloves
Chocolates
Cinema voucher
Tattoo transfers
Electric pencil sharpener
Dinosaur tshirt
Sudoku book
Miniatures x2
Tea pigs
Comedy pants
Headphones

Erm, can't remember what else! Nothing cost over about a tenner. That's a lie, the pants were £18 fshock and the bloody thing that inspired table presents this year!

snozzlemaid Sun 14-Dec-14 21:35:32

I do lottery scratch cards for everyone at the table.

Saz12 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:39:01

Personally I think £150 on mini-gifts is a lot, but a lovely thing to do all the same. I love the idea of giving things that will be used/enjoyed and not just be landfill by boxing day, but am on a more restricted budget! I'd like some ideas too; mine are limited (very, very limited) to:
Packets of seeds (incl sprouting seeds for foodies, cress for children, micro-leaves, etc)
Miniatures of booze (prob not for the children, though)...
Woolly gloves
Books
Socks (woo hoo, the excitement!)

MrsKipling16 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:41:09

I've made these a couple of times - not really gifts in the sense that they are unlikely to be kept very long, but fun and easy to do!

DamselNotInHerDress Sun 14-Dec-14 21:44:38

It's all come in at under £90 I reckon. Tea pigs were about a fiver, the tshirt was £4 in gap sale, tattoos were £3 on Amazon, miniatures were about £4 each.
They are things I may have put under the tree but the comedy pants (dps contribution for my 80yo grandad) were just too funny!

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sun 14-Dec-14 22:25:33

MrsKipling, I love those candy cane sleighs! Brilliant.

I do table presents every year, never more than £2 each. This year we have - nice lip balm tins for the girls, cider for DH, food things for others, cheapy toys for the DCs. My favourite was last year when, in a fit of childishness, I bought these smile

QOD Sun 14-Dec-14 22:36:08

We do table presents
this year
selection of ciders
disaronno mug set
bendy pencils
lipstick
make up

etc

Heels99 Sun 14-Dec-14 22:47:17

Sorry I mean nice home crafted decoration type place setting gift things rather than actual presents.

Stopmithering Sun 14-Dec-14 23:22:00

Bauble with gold pen written names on them hanging from glass
Little blackboard gift tag sized named plates (hobby craft?)
Small wooden christmas shapes with names written in gold pen strung with cord and tied round glasses
Names on nice card on top of pine cones
Nice luggage labels strung with ribbon and tied round napkin
Or what I suggested earlier, biscuits with names iced on them

Is that what you meant?

Heels99 Mon 15-Dec-14 09:34:35

Thank you I shall have some time this week to see what I have available that could be customised!

Dionysuss Mon 15-Dec-14 11:23:09

MiL puts out scratch cards every year. Last time dd won £50.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now