Talk

Advanced search

Whatever happened to snow spray

(27 Posts)
MrsPixieMoo Sun 14-Dec-14 20:48:37

Does anyone else remember snow spray? We used to spray snowflakes and a little snowman onto windows at school. It was everywhere. Suddenly it's gone. When did that happen?

I haven't been drinking, just snows pray nostalgic and my DH doesn't know what I'm on about.

Can anyone reminisce with me or know where it's gone and why? grin

TheLibraryIsOpen Sun 14-Dec-14 20:50:37

My dad used to love snow spray and it went on every available glass in the house, snowmen and the edges smile You have made me smile as I had completely forgotten his spray snow obsession smile

Trills Sun 14-Dec-14 20:51:50

I bet the pound shops will have some.

Either that or it has been discovered to be massively toxic and been banned.

jelliebelly Sun 14-Dec-14 20:52:24

How nostalgic! I suspect it was probably made with loads of chemicals that are banned now!! Or we've all become too sophisticated with our decorations lol!

grassroots Sun 14-Dec-14 20:52:30

Its living happily in Poundland should you feel the need to spray DH.

BerniceBroadside Sun 14-Dec-14 20:59:36

I saw some in the works.

It was a nightmare to scrub off.

feesh Sun 14-Dec-14 21:01:22

I've got an ancient can of snow spray remover in my Christmas box, but have never owned actual snow spray.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sun 14-Dec-14 21:15:10

Ooh I have some from last year, lots of people have it round 'ere grin

EatShitDerek Sun 14-Dec-14 21:16:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

treaclesoda Sun 14-Dec-14 21:19:39

I was thinking the same the other day, that I hadn't seen it for years.

Then I saw some in Poundland. Managed to resist buying it though.

RoundRobinSparkles Sun 14-Dec-14 21:19:53

Ooh yes! Takes me back that does!

We used to have a glass front door when I was little and the whole thing was decorated! I remember the stencils that were used.

Was a bloody nightmare to clean off though. I used to stand there picking at it and would get told off!

nobutreally Sun 14-Dec-14 21:20:08

Vital part of our Christmas box - we put it on our Christmas wreath every year. I think garden centres are our source. Weirdly enough, I was considering a full-on snow scene this morning - with snow artfully piled into the corner of each window frame....

#soretrowe'recool

MrsPixieMoo Sun 14-Dec-14 21:22:19

How lovely other people remember. Snow spray remover…Now you're getting me going.

Off to pound land tomorrow.

MrsPixieMoo Sun 14-Dec-14 21:23:31

envy At stencils

farendofafart Sun 14-Dec-14 21:25:04

Saw it in Morrisons yesterday. Nearly bought it then I remembered what a bugger it is to get off.

Larrytheleprechaun Sun 14-Dec-14 22:05:19

Got some in the Dealz (Irish equivalent of the Pound shop) and it STINKS. We spend 20 minutes yesterday trying to find out what the awful smell was, we even blamed the dog for a while, thought she was after rolling in something. Sniffed it out eventually.

mummy2angel Sun 14-Dec-14 22:07:03

I have sprayed every available window and now you tell me it's a bugger to get off? fgrin

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 14-Dec-14 22:12:56

You have to spray it in all the corners, same side, so that it looks as though it is real snow that has drifted into the corners. Tis fact.

katienana Sun 14-Dec-14 22:32:14

Really reminds me of my late auntie having it on the glass panels on her staircase. I thought it was properly magical as we didn't have it at ours. she always had a lovely tree as well.

Davros Mon 15-Dec-14 00:12:21

Bought some in morrisons. So far unused

MrsPixieMoo Mon 15-Dec-14 05:17:18

Ah yes, the corner spray thing. Which was just like real snow wink

PinkSquash Mon 15-Dec-14 17:04:22

We have snow spray on our windows as DH felt a bit nostalgic. The DC love it. grin

ChristmasYoni Mon 15-Dec-14 18:08:22

I got some snow spray and stencils in poundworld. Cats have been trying to get it off the window so now it's a mess though :-(

CaisleanDraiochta Mon 15-Dec-14 20:13:41

Loads of shops near me sell it. we have used cans and cans of the stuff at work (kids after school club) already, on everything from windows, to the Christmas tree and on the wreaths and decorations we made to take home.

I have a couple of cans at home plus stencils that I plan to let the DC loose with sometime next week. It will be their 'treat' reward for tidying up their bedrooms in preparation for FC's visit fgrin

TyneTeas Mon 15-Dec-14 23:37:21

Mixing washing powder with water into a thick paste is quite good for kids to make a snow scene with on windows : )

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/seasonal-things-for-kids.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now