Talk

Advanced search

Lost parcel woes

(7 Posts)
mimiasovitch Sun 14-Dec-14 11:56:24

Darn it. I was feeling totally awesome as all presents ordered early, for the first year ever. Some parcels have been taking a while so I investigated, and it turns out I've been a complete twat. On 1 item, coming from France, I seem to have forgotten the name of my work place on the address. My parcel is essentially being (non) delivered to Mimi, very long street, work town. I've been forced into twitching, and starting a knitting project instead. I guess it didn't really feel like Christmas without frantic knitting/ sewing up to Christmas Eve.

redrubyindigo Mon 15-Dec-14 03:52:51

Three of my parcels are still 'in transit' two weeks after ordering.
Thanks Hermes. I thought about switching my business online ordering with you but I have changed my mind.

Royal Mail are 40p dearer but they get there on time. My rating online would plummet if I relied on you.

Jinglebells99 Mon 15-Dec-14 07:19:26

I wouldn't be top confident about switching to Royal mail. They have lost two of my parcels in the last couple of weeks, plus lots of parcels still late. nothing has arrived on time.

mimiasovitch Mon 15-Dec-14 07:41:32

At least you can blame someone else. In my case there'll be no compensation as it was my fault for not checking address properly. Hopefully I'll hear from merchant today about which courier firm they used. Maybe they won't have returned it yet.

redrubyindigo Wed 17-Dec-14 01:59:27

I phoned Amazon today as I am ten days after delivery due date (tracking says my parcels are in my town on the 6th Dec) and I am getting close to last posting day to send airmail.

Everything I have ordered by Royal Mail has arrived within two days.

Spoke to a very nice but obviously exhausted guy who told me I have lost everything I ordered from Amazon that was being delivered by Hermes.

I have been refunded my money for all my items.

Thanks a bunch Hermes. That doesn't help me. I ordered the stuff in the first week of December ffs and kept being assured it's delivery was imminent!

I have frantic shopping to do tomorrow to parcel post.

IssyStark Wed 17-Dec-14 10:25:07

red, I've had problems with both Hermes and the Royal Mail, and for items over 2kg the Royal Mail is more than double the price.

IssyStark Wed 17-Dec-14 10:25:48

But I've also had great service from hermes as well. My Boden parcel was delivered by them within 2 days smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now