Talk

Advanced search

Help: Medium Slinky!

(5 Posts)
GlowWine Sat 13-Dec-14 21:18:15

So, after having finished my shopping and wrapped all the presents this week, DD1 expresses a desperate need for a Slinky! Apparently DD2 gets them all the time (just had a mini one in a party bag today) and DD1 never does (I thought she was too old fgrin)

SO: has anyone seen slinky type toys for sale in RL rather than online. I would not trust it to arrive by Friday now, which is when I need it.
I'm probably looking for a medium sized one, not a mini party-bag filler, nor a giant one like you get in Hawkins. And ideally not a metal one, those are the ones we manage top destroy (bend) far too quickly.
I recall seeing 'retro' ones in Sainsbury - or am I deluding myself? Though they were metal anyway. On top of all I really have no time for more than a one-stop shopping trip rather than trawling the shops, which is why I am hoping you can direct my search before I set off.

MegBusset Sat 13-Dec-14 21:22:51

John Lewis usually have them I think?

GlowWine Sat 13-Dec-14 21:27:09

Ah great start thanks! Having looked up the one on Hawkin's Bazaar I see they're called 'Springy' and Hawkins sell the 7cm diameter metal ones too.

Lifesalemon Sun 14-Dec-14 00:06:25

Maplins electrical shop have them according to google search. Would have been the last place I would have thought to look for one confused

chloejaynemummy Sun 14-Dec-14 19:00:31

I thought u meant slinky from toy story ha x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now