Talk

Advanced search

I don't like how my tree looks :(

(10 Posts)
BooDidIScareYou Sat 13-Dec-14 19:44:42

Just spent about 2 hrs decorating the tree and there's something not quite right about it....can't put my finger on it.

Same decs etc as last year but I'm just not liking it! DP thinks I'm being ridiculous...I feel like going and buy8ng a ton of new decs which we can't really afford.

Humph. Sulking....just wanted a moan really.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 13-Dec-14 19:47:10

Post a picture Grinch grin

Don't bother buying new decs, I was really surprised that Homebase had pretty much sold out!

meerschweinchen Sat 13-Dec-14 19:48:23

I'm sure it looks lovely. Mine was decorated by my 4 year old, then the toddler removed every single bauble he could reach on the lower branches. So it's only half decorated now, and I think it will have to stay that way! So if it's any consolation, yours could look a lot worse!

Clueing4looks Sat 13-Dec-14 21:39:28

Mine looks like I've flicked glue on it then dragged it up and down the Christmas aisle in poundland. I can't even blame it on the kids - I have no skills!

lemisscared Sat 13-Dec-14 21:40:24

Picture

revealall Sat 13-Dec-14 23:24:02

Sometimes the weird crap trees are the best because you remember them. The verging on professional trees just blend in one year to the next.
Does that help?!

happsymum Sat 13-Dec-14 23:52:11

I'm sure it's lovely boo , I found last year I loved our tree and this I'm not fussed on too- think I'm just wanting to change the colours decorations the lot this yr tho so tree/decs can't be blamed. Boyfriends DM dislikes her tree too ... (Attached) I keep telling her it's adorable, does anyone else's have dinosaurs in it too? fsmile

tipsytrifle Sun 14-Dec-14 19:43:12

I love the dino in the tree happsy!

I put feathers on my tree, just slot them in the needles (symbolising air, angels and miracles, which i love); other stuff too but going more wicker, fruity, natural by way of baubles. I've also put dried leaves on in the past. Just a thought, Boo ... is there stuff you could add without spending dosh you don't have?

PinkOboe Sun 14-Dec-14 20:06:00

Ours is a three year old one in a pot. It's not happy about being in a pit for three years and most it's branches are bare with strange brushes if needles at the very extremities

I sulked about not being allowed a new one and dutifully decorated it. Plugged the lights in. The fuckers don't work. sad

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 14-Dec-14 20:10:00

Love the dinosaur, not loving the loop of bog roll grin

My tree looks fab. It is covered in lots of gorgeous woolly hugs hand made loveliness plus lots of our older decorations. I let the children choose three new decorations this year but otherwise it's all the old stuff.

Pic please op smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now