Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Longleat Lights...anybody been?

(11 Posts)
RobotRuthy Sat 13-Dec-14 18:31:45

What was your experience? What time is it best to go? Is it rammed? Good organisation to keep the traffic flowing?

CharlesRyder Sat 13-Dec-14 18:52:02

Not been to the lights yet (but have a ticket).

We went to the fireworks and parked on the lawns at the front of the house. At the end the grass was so slippy that ALL the cars were wheel spinning trying to get up onto the tarmac. Everybody was having to get out and push each others' cars out which took forever.

If you end up on the grass try to park somewhere where you will be able to drive in a straight line to an exit, as it was the tight turns everyone was struggling with.

RobotRuthy Sat 13-Dec-14 21:31:11

That was something I was worried about as my campervan may be difficult to get off the grass!

I hope the organisation is good but I'm worried as I've seen the comments on their website sad

RobotRuthy Sat 13-Dec-14 22:46:25

Anybody else???

furbaby Sat 13-Dec-14 22:52:49

They are fantastic . Well worth a visit .
we have been 3 times since they started as we are local and have annual tickets .
They make any other christmas lights look crap .
The television advert doesnt do them justice .
You can park the campervan in the usual tarmac carpark or coach park if its big .

RobotRuthy Sun 14-Dec-14 08:53:38

What time does anyone think its best to go. Is there plenty on in the daytime?

RobotRuthy Sun 14-Dec-14 08:55:23

Is there plenty, Christmas wise, to do in the daytime?

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Sun 14-Dec-14 08:57:49

I have tickets but haven't been yet. A friend has though. Get there for opening if you want to do the safari ( think its from 10). They had to queue even then, but said it was well worth it and got far closer to the animals than usual. People were being turned away later. She said the lights were amazing, and to make sure you go and see them in daylight (esp the dragon made of plates) before seeing them lit. Can't wait!

RobotRuthy Sun 14-Dec-14 10:51:09

Not really bothered about the safari...unless it's lit especially different. Have been before for house and animals.

RobotRuthy Sun 14-Dec-14 19:53:48

Anyone else?

RobotRuthy Tue 16-Dec-14 17:07:58

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now