Talk

Advanced search

Oh great now I need a castle!

(18 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Sat 13-Dec-14 15:20:48

So MIL said she'd got DS a castle for Xmas. He's had his presents from her today and no castle, apparently she never said she had/would get one! Anyway long story short I need a decent castle for DS that doesn't cost the earth!! Any suggestions?

Floggingmolly Sat 13-Dec-14 15:27:28

Does he know he was meant to get one?

ILoveSimonCowell Sat 13-Dec-14 15:28:43

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/kindtoys/product/cardboard-toy-castle?kpid=102969&gclid=CMqXoK-qw8ICFUvJtAodjn0ADA

What about a cardboard one (as above), you build it and then colour it. You can get them cheaper than this. I got one from an art shop for £15.

5madthings Sat 13-Dec-14 15:29:04

My kids have the imaginext one and love it.

How old is he? Was a castle something he wanted?

donkir Sat 13-Dec-14 15:30:10

I'm presuming you've bought Knights and horses to go with said castle which hasn't materialised? Elc seem to do nice ones. Also great little trading company but these are quite expensive.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 13-Dec-14 15:31:46

Theres a great one in Wilkinsons with all the added figurines to go with it sold loose.

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Sat 13-Dec-14 15:32:05

If you were in devon you could have the old wooden one my grandad made for my brother and I. I've just given it a paint job, but decided it's too big for our house really.

MegBusset Sat 13-Dec-14 15:32:07

The Melissa and Doug folding castle is fab.

duzzlightyearsmum Sat 13-Dec-14 15:44:25

Yes he has asked for one repeatedly and we've bought stuff to go with it!!

Thanks for the ideas! Which imaginext one?

I was looking at the Melissa and Doug one before is it really good?

5madthings Sat 13-Dec-14 16:16:24

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=AGaMVLDdDcyP7AbHioGQAQ&url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mattel-X5260-Imaginext-Castle/dp/B008HF5R7Q&ved=0CDcQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG-ELPqQMPDzkEybo5gpXdTOPVP7Q&sig2=-uziRoL8ACGREMUJ4FxASg we have this one but didn't pay that much, sure it's cheaper in toys r us etc.

5madthings Sat 13-Dec-14 16:17:29

Melissa and Doug toys are good, we don't have their castle but we have some of their play food and other bits and they are lovely.

MyIronLung Sat 13-Dec-14 16:20:31

The Le toy van ones are lovely. Really solid wooden ones. It's what my DS is getting from dm.

ZenNudist Sat 13-Dec-14 16:22:04

Another vote for imaginext one. I suggest not buying a castle so near to Christmas. Presumably he has plenty of presents for now and it's not good for children to get everything they ask for.

Maybe I'm mean mummy but I really wouldn't get everything now.

I got imaginext castle for £30 last year and it's been played with lots but also it's sat ignored whilst he plays with all the little bits.

Prizepudding Sat 13-Dec-14 19:19:02

Second the melissa and doug folding castle, very good quality. My dd got the pink one two years ago and it's still regularly played with

www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-Folding-Medieval-Castle/dp/B0028RBIQS

duzzlightyearsmum Sat 13-Dec-14 19:28:28

Taken the plunge and ordered the Melissa and Doug one!

Ordinarily I wouldn't buy him everything and wouldn't top up so close to Christmas but he's not actually asked for very much and was excited to get a castle

attheendoftheday Sat 13-Dec-14 21:13:13

My dds are getting the Melissa and Doug one this xmas. It is lovely, and very solid (and comes ready assembled). I'm very excited to give it to them.

vikjul Sat 13-Dec-14 23:42:00

I would highy recommend the "pop to play medieval" cardboard castle by Djeco. It is cheap and great quality, very sturdy, my dd has had the "girly" equivalent for 2 years and it is in perfect condition, can be carried around etc. I gave this to my nephew for his 5th birthday this summer. Perfect scale for Playmobil figures.

Some sellers:

www.lepetittoyshop.co.uk/medieval-castle-3d-pop-to-play-by-djeco/

www.tickety-boo.co.uk/acatalog/Medieval_Castle_3D_Pop__n_Play_by_Djeco.html#a2467

vikjul Sat 13-Dec-14 23:42:30

Sorry, just saw you already ordered one! The Melissa & Doug one looks amazing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now