Talk

Advanced search

Do you put batteries in before xmas day?

(5 Posts)
Thehedgehogsong Sat 13-Dec-14 14:59:31

I'm worried about 'spoiling' the look of the presents wrapped and unwrapped by opening boxes to pt in batteries, but i also don't like the impatient nagging to get toys working on xmas day.

What do you do??

CeeloWeevil Sat 13-Dec-14 15:04:16

I make sure I have a stack of batteries on hand for when the present is unwrapped.

QueenYnci Sat 13-Dec-14 15:16:54

It depends what the toy is really and how old the child. DS is 6 and would rather be able to play with the toy/press the button straight away even if it means sacrificing the box! I also like to check they are working (good job we did this year as the siren wasn't working on his Fireman Sam Ocean Rescue Centre and DP had to fix the speaker).

olbas Sat 13-Dec-14 15:59:55

Definately, also build/put together things for the younger one.

RedButtonhole Sat 13-Dec-14 16:06:28

Depends how awkward it is to get the batteries in- for example DS has a flashing policeman's hat this year, it is just a case of opening up the cover and popping batteries in. However I wouldn't go to the trouble of opening up hia imaginext items and prying them from the 292828119 cable ties they are secured with, to put batteries in and put it all back again.

I will have a screwdriver and batteries at the ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now