Talk

Advanced search

Please help! What to give with a circus tent?!

(15 Posts)
LilyMyOneAndOnly Fri 12-Dec-14 20:36:05

I've bought my nearly 4 year old cousin an indoor circus tent for Christmas (it's what he asked for - "a tent that you use indoors") but it looks a bit lonesome on it's own sad I've been trying to think of something to give with it, so far have only come up with - books to read in the tent or colouring books or blankets/cushions to make it into a den?

Please help! I don't want to buy him something boring but haven't had any amazing ideas!!

MortaIWombat Fri 12-Dec-14 20:37:30

A box of sweets to eat in it!

southeastastra Fri 12-Dec-14 20:38:12

bunting or flags to decorate inside ?

MarthaMonkeynuts Fri 12-Dec-14 20:39:40

Juggling balls, clown dressing up, diablo.

DilysMoon Fri 12-Dec-14 20:39:49

Juggling balls, diabolo etc so he can practise circus skills?

DaisyFlowerChain Fri 12-Dec-14 20:39:59

Circus skills items like plastic spinning plates, juggling balls, Diablo, bean bags etc. There's bound to be story or colouring books that tie in too,

ChristmasEveSteve Fri 12-Dec-14 20:40:54

Did Enid Blyton do a Circus of Adventure type book?

I would say its exciting enough on its own! Lovely gift. Is it large?

CatCushion Fri 12-Dec-14 20:41:10

Hand puppets to.put on a show! Maybe some circus music?

ChristmasEveSteve Fri 12-Dec-14 20:41:59

Bean bag or cushion perhaps? What do his parents think?

Tallypet Fri 12-Dec-14 20:42:09

Cushions, cd player, lava lamp, disco ball/battery lights, cars etc... I have a tent like this for my son (he has sensory issues) but he just loves taking all his "treasures" into his tent.

ChristmasEveSteve Fri 12-Dec-14 20:42:19

Sleeping bag?

WomanScorned Fri 12-Dec-14 20:43:26

Juggling balls, dress up clown/ringmaster.

MegTheCat Fri 12-Dec-14 20:47:26

Maybe a torch if it's a bit dark inside for reading?
Some toy camping equipment (unless it really doesn't look like that kind of tent). We used to have a toy camping stove with frying pan and pretend sausages etc - came as a set.
But I wouldn't worry too much - he will already have toys he can play with in the tent, books etc. It sounds like a brilliant present just as it is.

WiggleGinger Fri 12-Dec-14 21:04:51

Skittles
Bean bag
Face paints
Torch
Juggling balls
Hula hoop

LilyMyOneAndOnly Sat 13-Dec-14 22:05:50

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! Inspired by the torch idea we went for a moon and stars lamp/projector and some bunting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now