Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else bought loads for dc but nothing exciting..?

(5 Posts)
Misty9 Fri 12-Dec-14 19:48:32

Ds, 3.4, has a vast number of toys already so doesn't exactly want for much in that department. He's asked for one thing which grandad is buying - and frankly once he's opened that he'll ignore all other people presents anyway. So it really shouldn't matter that we've not got him anything 'big' or exciting. But it does.

He's got an Easel and art stuff as a sort of main present, then a dressing up outfit, couple of books, wooden calendar clock thing, and a few bits in his stocking. It's loads isn't it? I just can't resist the urge to twitch and buy something more fun, like Playmobil which I'm pretty certain he wouldn't play with

Tell me I'm being ridiculous! grin

marne2 Fri 12-Dec-14 20:28:52

I always find that it's the simple little toys that get played with most. When my dd2 was that age we spent a fortune on playmobil and various other expensive items, the item she played with the most was a tea set that cost less than £5. I'm sure he will be fine with what you gave bought him.

Misty9 Fri 12-Dec-14 21:11:40

That's decided it - I'm going to twitch and get the plastic tea set I saw for £3 in wilkos today <misses point of Marie's post entirely...> grin

marne2 Sat 13-Dec-14 16:32:44

Good twitch, I think that's where our tea set came from, it was played with a lot ( for many years ) .

Misty9 Sat 13-Dec-14 18:35:40

Excellent! Mind, the behaviour from that boy today he's lucky if I don't donate all his presents to charity!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now