Talk

Advanced search

emergency stocking help!

(10 Posts)
OhCuntmasTree Fri 12-Dec-14 13:19:22

Ive managed to wriggle out of christmas with DDS grandparents, so we're doing it at home with just dd, me, and my best friend/ DDS godmother.

We always have a stocking, (usually choc/ the little presents) but I've got nothing for dfreind that can fit in the stocking! So here's a plea to you all to help me fill it! I've got some choccy bits but want some random, small, funny gifts I can put in, preferably to total less than £20, that i'll be able to order/get in the next week before she gets here!

She is vegetarian (so no marshmallows or jellies like dd gets in hers)

Tia!!

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Fri 12-Dec-14 13:24:19

how old is she? my dds are getting stickers, hair clips, a new toothbrush, colouring pens etc.

OhCuntmasTree Fri 12-Dec-14 13:32:52

26 grin

Although shed probably love colouring pens and a book... She gets a bit competitive with dd over the colours when the colour together!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 12-Dec-14 13:32:56

I'm presuming you mean a grown-up adult friend?

If so:
hand cream
gloves
nice scarf
candle
socks
a silly game that you can all play together? (eg. those wind-up Racing Granny type thing)

Caramelkate Fri 12-Dec-14 13:33:00

Is she an adult? Then what about a canned cocktail, face mask sachet, nail varnish, novelty socks, novelty toothbrush ( eg sponge bob that sings as you brush), whoopee cushion and novelty book ( such as cake wrecks)

ClimbingFramePlanningEnquiry Fri 12-Dec-14 13:37:27

Bomb cosmetics have lovely lush-like soaps etc, and come ready wrapped (bonus!) can usually get a set for around £8ish on amazon.

You can get adult (as in complicated patterns, rather than Xrated!) colouring books.

What about silly kitchen gadgets? Dh put a cheese slicer thingy with a Xmas related handle on it in my stocking one year.

Nice jam/pickle/chutney? You can often get Christmas themed/boozey ones.

A book?

You can get vegetarian haribo, btw, and other vegetarian jelly sweets in Holland and Barrett.

jThompson Fri 12-Dec-14 13:46:47

Hand warmers, pounshop have the reusable ones in loads of designs.
Socks/slipper socks
Mug, perhaps with hot chocolate sachets
Lip balm
Candle
Bath bomb

BlueChampagne Fri 12-Dec-14 13:48:37

Mini bottle of Champagne?
Something silly like a robo fish or robo mermaid?
Fancy tights or socks?
Costume jewellery?

OhCuntmasTree Fri 12-Dec-14 13:53:14

Right I've added an adult colouring book (no willies though!) And a mini pack of felt tips to my Amazon basket... But need another £6 for delivery!

I can get some novelty socks from work, and a "random trivia" game I've just spied under the stocking filler category on our website.

There's no point getting her hand creams or anything like that cuz her mom always buys her the soap and glory set (and usually her sister does too!) But that was a nice idea smile

You've also reminded me I bought her a womdee scarf off the Christmas bargain thread so that can go in!

Thank you for all the ideas!
I thought I'd done all my shopping which is why I'm flapping!!!!!

mysteryfairy Sat 13-Dec-14 12:02:37

M&S have a comprehensive selection of veggie Percy pigs and Colin caterpillars inc cola ones etc
I like lidl chocolate marzipan with praline on top - 89p.
Little bottle of cava or similar? Or diet coke with a reindeer name on bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now