Talk

Advanced search

Help needed! Do you have an artificial Christmas tree?

(6 Posts)
Delphine31 Thu 11-Dec-14 23:28:42

A very kind friend has given me an old artificial tree of hers that she no longer needs.

I'm so excited to get it assembled and put the lights/decorations on it, but I'm stuck!

The tree is in four parts: stand, main lower section of tree, smaller middle section of tree, then the small top of the tree.

I've assembled the three lower sections but I can't work out how the top bit attaches. It has a metal right-angle hook at the bottom of the section which I thought must attach to a hole on the stem of the middle section but I'm having no luck finding where it attaches.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone!? And can you help me work out how to attach it?

girlywhirly Fri 12-Dec-14 08:06:13

Can you ask her about it, because to me it sounds as if the tree is incomplete. I have a tree in sections, the branches hook on to the trunk, but the top is like a small tree in itself and just slots into the top of the trunk.

I wonder if your friend forgot that the tree was incomplete, perhaps they used the top part separately at some point, or maybe it got broken.

Nothavingfunrightnow Fri 12-Dec-14 08:21:14

Could you post a picture of it so we could see what's up?

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Fri 12-Dec-14 08:24:35

does it go into the top centre of the trunk, with the top part at right angles to the rest, and then twist upright to lock?

Delphine31 Fri 12-Dec-14 08:49:47

I've worked it out! I was being a muppet. The top was already there, it was just that it was folded down and i hadn't realised. The spare, yet to be attached bit, turns out to be a branch from lower down.

Thanks for responding. I love MN. Never alone with any problem big or small!

girlywhirly Fri 12-Dec-14 09:32:35

Glad you got that worked out!

I have to get started on the decorations myself today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now