Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me think up an excuse?

(5 Posts)
schmeegle Thu 11-Dec-14 15:21:05

Hi folks.

I feel the need for an excuse to get out of a meet up with the inlaws next week.

DH is away so it'll just be me and the kids meeting with his extended family.

They are all heading abroad for Christmas although we will have another opportunity to see GPs before they leave.

I don't want to go into too much detail other than I'm prone to anxiety and I'm not feeling on top of my game at the minute.

Ultimately, I don't want to deny my children the opportunity to play with their cousins just because I'm not feeling too great. I'm also concerned about them feeling left out that they are missing out on the trip of a lifetime etc as it is inevitable that all of the conversation will revolve around that.

I should at that ILs are lovely, if a little intense.

Should I just suck it up and go?

PesoPenguin Thu 11-Dec-14 15:48:33

D&V?

NorwaySpruce Thu 11-Dec-14 15:56:52

If you possibly can, I'd sick it up and go.

Your children will enjoy it, and it sounds as though there will be plenty to talk about to take the pressure off you.

Otherwise the day will come and go, with nothing else as family oriented happening in it, and you'll probably wish you'd made the effort, if only so that the children could run riot with their cousins.

HolgerDanske Thu 11-Dec-14 16:33:39

grin at D&V followed by 'sick it up'

I know what anxiety's like, so I totally sympathise. But, it won't be as bad as you think and your children will be happy to see their cousins. Try to keep positive about it smile

schmeegle Thu 11-Dec-14 16:54:16

Thanks for the replies ladies!

As I said above my inlaws are lovely so I'm sure it'll be a good day once i get into the swing of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now