Talk

Advanced search

Are Xmas tree lights alive and planning world domination?

(4 Posts)
cozietoesie Thu 11-Dec-14 12:46:19

Every year when I take the tree lights down I pack them away carefully so that they are untangled. Every year when I take them out again, they're in a snarl. I even bought a couple of packs of new ones this year as well and they seemed OK when they came out of the box - but were in a hopeless mess by the time I took them across to the tree!

I think they go into their boxes and squirm and plot all year. I've almost been driven to wine.

whattodoforthebest2 Thu 11-Dec-14 12:54:51

They're buggers, I've bought two boxes of small strands of lights to do creative stuff with and they've both gone out more or less instantly - why did I bother?

Stick with the wine

NorwaySpruce Thu 11-Dec-14 13:00:49

The worst are the ones on a loop of wire.

There is bound to be some sensible reason for the loop of doom, but I'd rather take my chances with a single string.

I cry tears of frustration when wrestling with my favourite lights. The bulbs are wondrous, but the wire is in a loop, and the plug is sealed.

There is a little window for fuse changes, but the manufacturers obviously predicted that every single, sorry, person who bought the lights would attempt to rewire the plug fgrin

LoveVintage Thu 11-Dec-14 20:46:58

God I know, last week I spent about an hour helping my sister untangle her lights. We were being reallyvclrvrt, kept checking they were working several times, which they were, right up until we had finished when they stopped working. We almost cried. But we opened beers instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now