Talk

Advanced search

What is the least Christmassy thing you have seen?

(12 Posts)
scattercushion Thu 11-Dec-14 12:41:15

I saw a dirty great crow busily pecking at a dead robin it had caught. fsad It didn't put me in a tinselly mood. However, it did put me in mind of the song 'who killed cock robin?' Anyone else seen something that put a dampner on yule?

Heels99 Thu 11-Dec-14 12:42:52

I am reminded of Viz by this thread!

scattercushion Thu 11-Dec-14 12:53:07

why thank you! I think...

loveareadingthanks Fri 12-Dec-14 12:51:27

Funny at the time, but it's giving DP ideas angry

bah humbug friend on facebook posted photo of their Christmas tree: One of those car air fresheners shaped like a Christmas tree drawing-pinned to the wall above a couple of presents.

stclair Fri 12-Dec-14 14:09:24

A ghastly witch at the top of the Christmas tree in the reception (hotel) of the swimming pool where my daughter has swimming lessons. Lots of questions of, "why is there a spooky witch up there, mummy?" of which I have no answer!

mrscumberbatch Fri 12-Dec-14 14:10:56

Doing gruelling physio with Noddy Holder bellowing through the radio...

I am feeling murderous!

IHeartKingThistle Fri 12-Dec-14 14:19:41

loveareading I doubt it your friend's tree - that went all round the internet this week! Think it was started by someone famous.

DameP Fri 12-Dec-14 14:27:34

13yo DS1's "Christmas" jumper. A plain green hoodie with a tiny yellow badge saying "Head Elf"

loveareadingthanks Fri 12-Dec-14 15:11:48

Iheart - really? Ah well, it's still giving DP ideas! Grrrr

IHeartKingThistle Fri 12-Dec-14 16:18:49

Just checked - it was posted by Bill Murray and has been shared 83,393 times!

bilbodog Fri 12-Dec-14 16:28:06

we've just received a christmas decoration of Hamlet holding up a severed head - from my sister in law who has just moved to Stratford! Made me laugh - I am a Tarantino and Dexter fan - so no cringing here - its on the tree!

wigglybeezer Fri 12-Dec-14 16:41:48

I am making a christmas cake decoration of a dry stone wall sheltering a herdwick sheep from the snow, unfortunately, according to DS1, the sheep looks a bit dead. I will put a pic up when DH brings the iPad back from work and you can reassure me (or not).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now