Talk

Advanced search

To 'Furby' or not to 'Furby'!!

(12 Posts)
MissLurkalot Thu 11-Dec-14 10:43:10

My 10 year old daughter has most things on her xmas list apart from a Furby.
I'm twitching!
Are they any good? What actually are they and what do they do?
Any advice greatly received.

PianoCat Thu 11-Dec-14 11:51:15

Furby is quite cute but gets annoying to everyone after being on for not very long. Ours is white and just sits looking pretty on shelf - probably gets played with once every three months. I probably wanted it more than DD though as I didn't get one the first time round. DD has asked for Zoomer this year which will I expect also loose it's shine after the first half hour ...

OohMrDarcy Thu 11-Dec-14 11:53:07

I may have bought nearly 8 year old DD a furby boom... by accident of course

nearly 5 year old DS is getting a zoomer dino so I am sure most of christmas day will be a joyful headache of random roaring and gibberish..

I may have also got DD's one as I never had one first time around!

weaselsquirrel Fri 12-Dec-14 11:38:47

My dd 4 and ds 7 love their furbys. Play with them with the app all the time. They are getting a crystal furby each this year, also getting a xeno.

SavoyCabbage Fri 12-Dec-14 11:40:54

We've got them and they play with them a lot. (8&11). They are no more annoying than some other toys.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 12-Dec-14 12:52:01

I have had same dilemma, if you can afford it I would get one....

there are very mixed reviews on them on here, love and hate!

snowmanshoes Fri 12-Dec-14 13:58:24

My dd8 plays with hers regularly enough for me to call it a hit. Yes there are weeks when it sits there doing nothing but also weeks when its played with a lot.

o0 Fri 12-Dec-14 14:05:22

My DS1 got one last year.

It was a 10 minute wonder. Barely even been looked at since.

It wakes up if you so much as tread on a floorboard near it and scares the poo out of you at 2am.

So many much nicer toys to be had for the money.

mrsallergy Fri 12-Dec-14 18:29:30

I'm wondering if at 10 your dd may get bored of it quickly? My dd has just got one for her 5th birthday and it's a big hit because she's still in that looking-after-everything-putting-toys-to-bed-and-giving-them-picnics stage. She loves the fact that it actually responds to her.

Poor baby born who hasn't been looked at since it was opened.

SueDunome Fri 12-Dec-14 18:43:52

My then 10 year old dd asked for a Furby last Christmas. I don't think it's been out of the cupboard since February.

Lucylouby Fri 12-Dec-14 22:54:00

Dd, aged 8 got a furby last year. She went on and on about getting one. After the initial few days of play, It stayed in the wardrobe until about September, when ds and dd2 found it and now they play with it. This seems to be a similar theme with dd1 and her friends. They were all made up to recieve them, but not so bothered after them once January arrived.

snowymountain Fri 12-Dec-14 23:05:53

I also think a 10 year old might get bored quickly.

I've bought one for my five year old, though, who I'm certain will love it. <fingers crossed anyway>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now