Talk

Advanced search

Help - what can I send friends in Australia?

(15 Posts)
StuntBottom Wed 10-Dec-14 18:56:07

Really struggling to find a present for a couple in Australia. If they were in England, I'd buy them vouchers for a meal out or for a coffee shop (they love their coffee!) or cinema tickets. Is it possible to do this for Australia?

Any other inspired suggestions?

Davros Wed 10-Dec-14 19:01:29

Are there any nice hotels where you could get an afternoon tea voucher?

StuntBottom Wed 10-Dec-14 19:09:19

That's an idea! I shall Google.

nuts2you Wed 10-Dec-14 19:11:07

Which city are they in?

StuntBottom Wed 10-Dec-14 19:13:21

They're in Perth, suburb called Manning.

bryonyelf Wed 10-Dec-14 19:17:17

Google good class cinema and get vouchers for that. The cinema is in Innaloo. Small cinemas with 16 seats. Blankets and reclining chairs. Food and drinks served while the film is on. Fabulous.

StuntBottom Wed 10-Dec-14 19:25:51

That sounds good. They do like going to the cinema.

Rioux Wed 10-Dec-14 19:26:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Davros Wed 10-Dec-14 19:30:20

That cinema sounds fab! With a bottle of fizz?

bryonyelf Wed 10-Dec-14 19:41:13

We used to go a lot. We'd have a drink with starters in the private reception area first then head Into the cinema. We'd ask for our mains to come just as the movie started and drinks throughout. DH would get ice cream about half an hour before the end. Loved it.

makesomenoise Wed 10-Dec-14 19:42:19

marks and spencer are currently doing free delivery to australia - on all their gifts too. Might be worth having a look there? Theres no minimum spend smile

bryonyelf Wed 10-Dec-14 19:44:56

Good thing is that manning is just a short drive to innaloo.

Last posting to Australia was last week so I think anything from the uk would be late.

butmumineedit Thu 11-Dec-14 11:02:38

Can I just nip in on this post my Bil and family are emigrating to Geraldton on Jan 13 th and am stuck on what to give as a leaving present. Is there by any chance a cinema like the one mentioned earlier there or anything I could buy a family day out ticket for please .

bryonyelf Thu 11-Dec-14 13:01:42

I am sure Geraldton has a lovely old style cinema from memory. I don't think they do Gold class though. Geraldton have a visitors centre which must be online I'd have thought.

butmumineedit Thu 11-Dec-14 20:44:52

Ooh thanks for your help, will have a look at the towns website later smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now