Talk

Advanced search

M&S musical christmas tree help!

(4 Posts)
wtftodo Wed 10-Dec-14 12:53:07

I just bought two for gifts for my toddler who loves music boxes and relatives in the US who we'll be staying with. But I can't make them work! I rotated them but they just give out alarming clangs and creaks then stop. Can anyone advise me or am I going to have to trudge back to M&S to return them? (where, incidentally, a hostile staff member pounced on me to say I was not allowed take photos - I took a photo for DP to ask ifhis mum would like one..)

traviata Wed 10-Dec-14 19:13:09

umm..sorry if this is insultingly obvious, but did you wind them underneath?

(disclaimer - I haven't got one, just picked one up in the shop!)

3bunnies Wed 10-Dec-14 19:33:52

You have to rotate the gold base. It should make a sound like a clockwork mechanism winding, don't wind it too far though. You then put it down and the tree part will rotate and play a tune badly . Sounds as if yours might be broken. Try taking them from the back of the shelf where fewer little fingers have explored them.

wtftodo Wed 10-Dec-14 21:34:06

Thanks guys. I took them back, got a working one for my toddler but returned the other as can't see it making it to the USA still working..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now