Talk

Advanced search

Is a mug a boring christmas present?

(9 Posts)
saltedcaramelicious Wed 10-Dec-14 08:53:26

I've bought my younger brother his main present (aftershave that he wanted) and need a small little something to go with it.
I've seen a cool 3D Sonic the Hedgehog mug, we used to love Sonic when we were little and played it for hours.
Is a mug a boring gift though?

IHeartKingThistle Wed 10-Dec-14 08:56:35

A random mug would be boring but this will make him giggle and you've obviously put thought into it. Go for it.

FelixFelixNavidad Wed 10-Dec-14 08:57:20

Classic Christmas gift IMO grin I always get one if I've got smallish presents as it bulks them out a bit and you can wrap the smaller presents up inside the mug with cellophane and it looks dead posh. Get the mug!

Lifesalemon Wed 10-Dec-14 10:56:41

I love my own mug. I would be happy with that as a present.

livvagterne Wed 10-Dec-14 10:58:24

I'd quite like one. I saw some nice big bang theory mugs the other day. I should have bought one for a present for somebody.

livvagterne Wed 10-Dec-14 11:00:23

ps, i also like those penguin classic mugs

MsAspreyDiamonds Wed 10-Dec-14 12:32:54

That's fine as a filler gift, just stick some retro sweets inside.

AimlesslyPurposeful Wed 10-Dec-14 12:45:51

If you think it's something he'd appreciate then it's not boring.

My DS3 always buys me a new Emma Bridgewater mug for my birthday and Christmas and I always love them because he chose them.

As a previous poster suggested, can you pop something in the mug? The retro sweets are a good idea or something else that's synonymous with your shared childhoods.

3bunnies Wed 10-Dec-14 12:56:51

I'm giving dd2 (7) a mug with the periodic table on it. For many people that would be a stereotypical awful boring present but I know she will love it. Disclaimer: this is not the only present she will be getting and yes, she is a little 'unique'!

Mugs are great because they get used regularly, you need them and they have a limited shelf life - well they do when you have 3 children and 2 cats and the mugs jump off the shelf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now