Talk

Advanced search

How tall do Ikea trees go?

(8 Posts)
PedantMarina Tue 09-Dec-14 18:48:02

I've been advocating Ikea trees over a few freds now (£25 for a fresh tree, then £20 voucher back), so i feel really silly asking this, but I've no idea how tall they come. We've always just stopped at 6' ish.

Buuutttt.... this year we're moving into a new home, with 9' ceilings. I'm inspired.

I still want to buy our tree from Ikea; its getting to be a tradition for us! (and can't argue with the price). But not sure if they go taller than the c.6 ft range.

If it helps, our closest is Lakeside/Thurrock. Anybody been there lately and can give me a reconn report? Before I attempt to drag our decrepit vehicle over there?

waithorse Tue 09-Dec-14 19:32:05

Could you ring and ask them ? If they are all the same price, then I'd imagine they would all be roughly the same size.

attheendoftheday Tue 09-Dec-14 19:37:56

Ours is 6 foot, I was offered one a little bigger but I didn't see anything approaching 9 foot.

Merrow Tue 09-Dec-14 19:45:46

Ours is just under six foot, there were some slightly bigger but none that stood out as a foot larger, so I would guess around six foot is as large as they go.

PedantMarina Tue 09-Dec-14 19:55:55

De-yam. I now have to decide between a tree we can afford and one that will celebrate our new ceilings.

FTR, we're not adverse to putting a tree on a table. Last few years we used two box chests (c.14" high) side-by-side to make a wee platform.

Also, this is a more general whinge: can't anybody breed a christmas tree that grows tall but no more than, say, 3-4' diameter? That'd be really useful for modern living...

PedantMarina Tue 09-Dec-14 19:56:33

Thanks, guys! fsmile

Merrow Tue 09-Dec-14 21:26:53

I live in a tiny flat and our tree takes up nearly half of our living room floor and means the TV is only viewable from one small section of the sofa. I'm a bit in love with it's sheer impracticality!

PedantMarina Wed 10-Dec-14 04:05:10

See, merrow, that tree requires you to snuggle on the sofa. Wise tree....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now