Talk

Advanced search

Christmas card for family member terminal cancer

(6 Posts)
Minnie911 Tue 09-Dec-14 17:16:57

My dps uncle was diagnosed with terminal cancer about 2 months ago - what should I write in a christmas card? Will also need to send one to his daughter and son both adults with their own dc.

Mrswire123 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:19:53

Errr Merry Christmas?? A close family member of mine also has terminal cancer but would absolutely hate to have a soppy 'thinking of you' etc card. It's Christmas! Ok so it could be their last one so why treat them any differently? Christmas is a time for families, smiles and making memories not dwelling on what may be to come in the weeks / months ahead.

OddBoots Tue 09-Dec-14 19:22:40

If you're worried that 'Happy Christmas' would cause upset then something gentle like 'with love at Christmas' might work.

GrannyGoggles Tue 09-Dec-14 19:24:47

What would you usually write? Love from the Minnies? Or a bit of an update of your news, and hope all well with you? Or a round robin with lots (too much) news of your doings?

Love from us all, hope to see you in the NY, if you do, might work

Minnie911 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:33:21

Thank you think I'll go for with love at christmas I just don't think their christmas will be very merry so didn't want to come across insensitive.

Iheartgilbertblythe Tue 09-Dec-14 20:18:21

Think that sounds good. When I got merry Christmas cards a month after my mum died I wanted to tell people to eff off. Just a tad gentler is perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now