Talk

Advanced search

why do shops do this grrrrrrr

(9 Posts)
SouthernOne Tue 09-Dec-14 16:28:10

Price stickers. Why the hell they can't use the easy peel off ones I don't know.

I hate it when you make the packaging look all messy where you've tried in vain to peel off the price sticker.

It's a bloody gift, I don't want the packaging to look like I've been playing football with it.

Rant over, fell better for that smile

chanie44 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:08:09

My theory is they use the awkward stickers so that the recipient will see the tell-tale sticky mark of a reduced label and know it was reduced. You then spoil the packaging by trying to remove the sticky residue, which means you can't give it away. Then you have to go back to the shop to buy something full price.

The shop gets two sales out of you.

DamselNotInHerDress Tue 09-Dec-14 22:28:24

You know who's the WORST offender ever?
TKMAXX.
Why? Just why the fuck? It's all coming off nicely then you have those fucking circles in the middle that make the thing they're stuck on all sticky and scrappy.
Just do as a favour and don't bother yeah? fhmm

AlpacaStockingOnChristmasEve Tue 09-Dec-14 22:55:12

The tk maxx ones are so people can't swap price stickers in the shop for cheaper ones... I have had mild success with removal by sticking a strip of sticky tape over the top of the price label then peeling it off in one go but not every single time!

Selks Tue 09-Dec-14 22:57:33

Oh god yes the TKMaxx ones drive me insane!

zombiesheep Tue 09-Dec-14 23:00:18

Use a hair dryer to warm up the glue then peel it off

Imscarlet Tue 09-Dec-14 23:05:55

Yes, I think that might work. I've seen it advised for taking price tags of shoe soles.

LoveVintage Tue 09-Dec-14 23:16:07

Ha, my first thought when I saw thread title was TK Maxx. It drives me mad, it seems to spoil the giving of a present when it still has half the label on it.

Selks Tue 09-Dec-14 23:29:43

When I remember I ask the sales assistant to take the label off for me, they will oblige, I just usually forget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now