Talk

Advanced search

Slly/fun Santa pressies for dd (11) and ds(7) please

(11 Posts)
CocktailQueen Tue 09-Dec-14 10:28:08

Have bought all the kids' main pressies but there's nothing silly or funny there! Books, football stuff, Kindle, clothes, perfume, chocs - but no toys (for dd especially). help please! What can I add?

EduCated Tue 09-Dec-14 10:42:19

How much are you looking to spend?

What sort of stuff is DD into?

I am stuck in bed so feeling a Google shopping spree on someone else's behalf fgrin

CocktailQueen Tue 09-Dec-14 11:43:54

Don't mind re spending amount ... she likes games and mosaics and crafty things - they love Make 'n' Break and Cranium etc.

EduCated Tue 09-Dec-14 11:49:19

Played Qwirkle recently, and enjoyed that. Also heard good things about Dobble (sort of like grown up snap)

11yo cousin is currently obsessed with Wreck This Journal (currently £4 on Amazon) - it is a book but a fun doing one, if that makes sense?

We've also got her a chocolate lollipop set I found in Wilkinsons, which I think she'll enjoy.

We looked at these too which I secretly want for myself fgrin

jThompson Tue 09-Dec-14 15:58:38

Pack of embroidery thread went down well with DD last year. She already knew the basics of making friendship bracelets and found plenty of tutorials online for different patterns. We've given the klutz book to a couple of her friends this year, worth looking into if you want a kit.

Pack of cards, either standard playing cards or something like top trumps

Leeds2 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:13:54

A magic set.

Prizepudding Tue 09-Dec-14 16:19:56

We got dd a 20q ball last year (it asks 20 questions and guesses what you are thinking) and she had some fun with that, still gets played with now and again. Think the magic 8 ball may be similar.

She also got a candy grabber and was delighted, had lots of fun with it right after christmas, friends love it but not touched now for 6 months.

This yr she is asking for pin art

Leeds2 Tue 09-Dec-14 17:37:58

That 20q ball is brilliant. Have bought one for lots of kids of that age.

CocktailQueen Tue 09-Dec-14 21:18:38

I love the 20q ball too - v clever! Thanks, all.

alseb Tue 09-Dec-14 22:12:24

Doh Vinci - a craft dough type thing for my DD nearly 9. There are a couple of sets on the market.

fuzzpig Tue 09-Dec-14 22:19:13

My friend at college had one of those 20Q ball things. We once spent ages being amazed at how well it guessed, so he decided to trick it by thinking of his girlfriend.

The 20Q came up with the answer "uterus" shock grin

(Not relevant to thread at all sorry blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now