Talk

Advanced search

Just having a little moan...

(9 Posts)
Nothavingfunrightnow Tue 09-Dec-14 10:24:06

When we can least afford it and when I would much rather my money go elsewhere: car road tax, two new tyres, at the mechanic's for repairs to the tracking arm of the wheels, and on and on and on it goes.

Then again, Christmas is only one day, and my car needs to be sorted for more than just one day, I suppose...

sad

Satsuma25 Tue 09-Dec-14 11:22:32

I feel your pain. My car needed taxing at the start of this month. £505 pounds for the year, sob. ( although admittedly on one has to have a 3l) before I could tax it it had to be MOTed, and needed new tyres all round for it to have any chance of scraping through. I spent £1000 on 4 tyres. Now the bastard thing has had a break calliper go, and no one has any parts in stock as its a stupid import model. So after spending a fortune on it I am now using the tube all week whilst waiting for parts to arrive sad

Rowboat Tue 09-Dec-14 11:28:24

I bought my car just after Christmas one year. So every year we have the mot, service and tax in December. Never doing that again!!

Nothavingfunrightnow Tue 09-Dec-14 12:40:01

I had not thought about the date of purchasing a car! We are looking to get another as ours is running on love and a prayer.

I think I may wait til March now.

Cars are evil when it comes to expenses.

PesoPenguin Tue 09-Dec-14 17:32:07

You can pay car tax monthly now so why not do that and save a bit?

BiscuitsofYum Tue 09-Dec-14 17:36:50

I feel your pain...

Just getting ready for xmas and the car decides it badly needs some work done.... No one tells you how expensive they can be!

Nothavingfunrightnow Wed 10-Dec-14 07:13:24

What a relief! I did not know you could pay car tax monthly! That will definitely help matters.

Thanks, Peso!

I agree, Biscuits. Buying a car is a lot less financially painful than actually maintaining one.

Khalessi Wed 10-Dec-14 08:16:16

Oh no me too sad
I need 4 new tyres and windscreen has a mysterious crack in it. Right. Before. Christmas.

Davros Wed 10-Dec-14 09:06:03

I got a parking ticket this week through being unobservant, parked in a space I never use to make room to get the Xmas tree out grrrr
And the cat needs her annual service at this time of year because she was an Xmas present bi will stretch that one out until new year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now