Talk

Advanced search

Car 'racetrack' for 3 year old

(4 Posts)
Mrsdoodle Mon 08-Dec-14 21:11:24

This is the only thing that my car-obsessed DS who has just turned 3 wants for Christmas.

I have looked at Hotwheels which seemed like the obvious choice, but it looks as though it would keep falling apart (perhaps this is wrong?), and I couldn't find a simple side by side track for racing cars without complicated hoops and jumps. I also looked at Blutrak which sounded great, but seemed to get very mixed reviews. Plus I couldn't figure out how it works.

Any advice on a simple hotwheels track or anything similar that he can race his thousands of dinky cars around would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

TheFantasticMrsFox Tue 09-Dec-14 09:33:01

Not sure if this is what you are after but DS had two of these over the space of about five years. It came all over Europe with us on holiday and regularly travelled to friends and relatives houses. It was sturdy, if a bit noisy after an hour or so- we only had to buy a second as the wheels that shoot the cars round wore down so much that they wouldn't "grab" the thinner cars smile
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291313665840

SpockSmashesScissors Tue 09-Dec-14 11:38:44

We've got the Fisher Price Shake n Go car track set, it's very solid, the cars are quite big, about the size of your hand, so no good for Hot Wheels type cars, but it's great, it's been the best car set we've had.

You just shake the cars to make them go, the more you shake the further they go. fgrin

It's this one shake n go

You can get lots of different cars as well argos

Mrsdoodle Tue 09-Dec-14 20:18:28

Thank you very much for the responses - both sound fab! I shall do some more research on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now