Talk

Advanced search

middle eastern style crockery anyone?

(13 Posts)
twillup Mon 08-Dec-14 12:26:16

I'm looking for a middle eastern style table ware gift - ideally a serving platter or bowl. I have an image in my mind but can't find it online.
A bit less rustic than the moroccan handpainted pottery if you know what I mean. I am imagining it in blue pattern. To go with Ottolenghi present if that helps?
Has anyone seen anything like that?
there is a denby monsoon range which is very nearly right, but they don't have the items I would like, just plates, jug, cups etc

LoveVintage Mon 08-Dec-14 13:34:05

Have a look in tk maxx, they often have nice plates and platters of that type. Very nice.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 08-Dec-14 15:16:32

Try the Olive tree gift shop in Liverpool. They do mail order and sell moroccon style homeware.

www.theolivetreeliverpool.co.uk/

ParisMiper Mon 08-Dec-14 15:21:18

What about this?

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Pied+a+Terre+Peacock+serving+platter/161007870,default,pd.html

MsRinky Mon 08-Dec-14 15:53:21

I got one just like this in TK Maxx last week. I think it was £15.

Pantah630 Mon 08-Dec-14 15:58:01

same as above from Maroque

twillup Mon 08-Dec-14 16:00:23

Thank you - I knew mumsnet would know! Some great suggestions there, I shall get myself down to TK and Hof (and checking OliveT online).
I actually wouldn't have thought of any of those.
Any other thoughts?

bilbodog Mon 08-Dec-14 16:50:23

Anthropologie has lovely things although some are expensive, but not all.

florentina1 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:28:24

If you are near Greenwich Market in London there is a shop there which I think you might mean.

twillup Tue 09-Dec-14 10:25:34

I always forget about anthroplogie, some lovely stuff.

Sadly Greenwich is a bit far..
And this is nice, but even further!!

www.kaymcgowan.com/shop/entertaining/blue-fez-plate-collection/

bilbodog Tue 09-Dec-14 10:41:13

can't you buy on line?

twillup Tue 09-Dec-14 11:15:11

That US site doesn't do international shipping, but in principle I would take a punt on something online if they can deliver before xmas/at a reasonable price.

Janet12Conger Tue 09-Dec-14 11:19:17

You can buy the middle eastern style crockery from the various online store . Here you will get exclusive styles of crockeries that you will gift to anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now