Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present for me ?!

(13 Posts)
OohMrDarcy Mon 08-Dec-14 10:30:47

I'm recently seperated from DH (aka twathead - divorce in progress)

Talking about Christmas and DD (nearly 8) was worrying about what I would have to open Christmas day... now I obviously reassured her that all I needed was cuddles and happy DC but I know she would feel better if there were a couple of things under there for me to open (and no idea if twathead will sort anything from them for me)

so - could you please post some suggestions for a couple of little things I could get for myself ( I do mean little, few pounds jobs) just to reassure DD

thanks1

crazykat Mon 08-Dec-14 10:54:28

Bless your dd she sounds so thoughtful.

If it were for me I'd get something like a book, cd, DVD you can get some good ones for £3-£5 depending on what you like. Chocolate is always good.

Or do you have someone (nan, friend) who could take your dd shopping to choose you something for £5?

culturemulcher Mon 08-Dec-14 11:01:44

She sounds lovely!

If you don't have someone who could take your DD out shopping to choose something for you, what about taking your DD to a supermarket with a little list of things you'd like e.g. chocolate bar, diary, a pen, earings/ necklace.

Then give her £5 or £7 and ask her to buy you one or two things on the list while you browse the magazines. Then they'll be things she's chosen and a little surprise for you?

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 08-Dec-14 11:03:02

What about things you could do together? A craft kit perhaps?
Little photo album
Box of your favourite chocolates
Some bits for the home? Most of my christmas list consists of thrilling things like number stickers for the bin!

TheTravellingLemon Mon 08-Dec-14 11:06:31

What about some nice shampoo or conditioner or hair product of some type? That's about the right price.

Nail varnish?

OohMrDarcy Mon 08-Dec-14 11:07:28

Thats a really good idea about sending her in the supermarket with some money, thanks!

A little concerned that DS would want to do it too and not sure I could trust him as much, but could casually hover whilst not looking I guess.....

I really like that as an idea, and could give them money to get twathead something at the same time

thanks smile

happsymum Mon 08-Dec-14 11:08:02

Aw your dds very thoughtful! Bless her!
Any clothes you might be wanting to get yourself anyway?
Same goes for any makeup, creams
Treaor Paris earrings on amazon are really reasonable and treating yourself. Which sounds like is deserved!
Favourite chocolate
Another idea she may like is if you go in a shop and give her a tenner to buy you something, or an activity day out can be you and her painting ceramics and ask her to do a cup/mug as a Xmas present to you.
Nail varnish
A book
DVDs /CDs

culturemulcher Mon 08-Dec-14 22:25:44

That's my first ever official MN Good Idea.

Must be Christmas fgrin

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 09-Dec-14 03:11:16

Are you near a Hema store? It is a cross between Ikea & Tiger. There are lots of nice inexpensive things in there so your dc wont be able to buy anything too questionable....

Notmeagain1 Tue 09-Dec-14 03:16:49

I always buys my own Christmas or I would get anything! fblush

I do agree with her age, to take her shoppong and let her pick you out something. It will make it more special for her and you. What a sweet, sweet little one you are doing a marvelous job raising her.

Merry Christmas! fgrin

OohMrDarcy Tue 09-Dec-14 09:38:48

all is sorted, mentioned my plan to sister last night and she is going to take them to get me something - all is good with the world fsmile

she did comment that she wouldn't help them get something for twathead so I'll sort that one lol

Janet12Conger Tue 09-Dec-14 11:49:58

I like if someone will give me the handmade cake full of fruits or something that I can use.

Notmeagain1 Wed 10-Dec-14 12:42:19

Gald your sis is helping you out. Will make it very exciting for you on Christmas morning. Yea! fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now