Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for a keen painter

(5 Posts)
MackerelOfFact Mon 08-Dec-14 10:30:11

I'm struggling with a present idea for a family member. I'm looking to spend around £35. She enjoys watercolour painting, takes lessons and has all the kit as far as I'm aware. I don't really want to buy materials as I expect she already has plenty and probably has favourite brands etc.

Are there any good sort of 'accessories' for a watercolour painter? She has an easel, painting protectors, magnifier and that sort of thing. I was thinking of some kind of brush storage facility but I don't really know enough about the process of watercolour painting to know if that's useful. Maybe a nice apron or something?

Are there any budding amateur painters who could suggest something?

TheBigBumTheory Mon 08-Dec-14 10:40:23

A watercolour DVD from APV films by an artist who has a similar style to hers. There are clips on YouTube to get an idea of the styles. I'm not on commission, it's just good way to improve.

Or vouchers for Jacksons or Ken Bromley art supplies. Or pay for them to go on a day workshop with a tutor.

TheBigBumTheory Mon 08-Dec-14 10:41:37

Brush storage-you can get a folding brush wallet which 'stands up' to hold brushes when painting.

iwantavuvezela Mon 08-Dec-14 13:48:20

How about looking at Cas Art

www.cassart.co.uk/

They may even do vouchers, or could advise you - they are a brilliant art store

MackerelOfFact Mon 08-Dec-14 15:17:20

Ooh that Cas Art site has loads of great stuff - I think I've decided on some watercolour markers, as they look quite fun and a bit different, and water pen brushes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now