Talk

Advanced search

Present for a 30 year old man

(8 Posts)
PeterParkerSays Mon 08-Dec-14 08:40:46

Help! I've bought, or got ideas for, everyone except my brother (30). He used to be a doddle to buy for as he did sport / cycling / camping with his mates so you could buy clothes / bike lights / camping bits, but then he knackered his knee and found a long term girlfriend (now fiancé) who doesn't do camping. Oh, and they've bought a puppy and a house in the past year so the other standby presents I always bought, cinema vouchers, restaurant vouchers etc are out as they don't go out so often at night because of Fido.

He's still into fitness, and has a makeshift gym in the garage, and has the dog. He otherwise is just a bit of a lad - goes to the football, drinks cheap beer (think Bud rather than Camra approved stuff), and plays on computer games.

Maximum budget of £20 - has anyone got any ideas?

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 08-Dec-14 11:25:29

What about something he can do WITH the dog? There are loads of places around here that do one day workshops in things like Flyball or Agility and I often get something like that for DH. Infact he enjoyed the agility one so much he took up the sport and now competes (plenty of scope for presents now!).

Voucher for a meal at a local pub that lets dogs in?

Or if you like Fido could you offer to dog-sit whilst they go out?

desperatehousewife21 Mon 08-Dec-14 11:49:31

This might be way off the mark but my dh is 29 and so hard to buy for but I've managed to get him: superdry snood from Very £20 down from 25. Arsenal 2015 annual and star wars hardback book not really sure what its about but he likes SW!
A 'posh' sandwich toaster which also does Panini's etc (if they've recently got a new house could you get them something along those lines?)
Novelty gift set of boxers and socks in a golf theme.

iseenodust Mon 08-Dec-14 11:59:02

Football Thronkersaurus just out by Dan Walker the man who does the BBC football programme £6 for the hardback !
A torch or headlight for walking the dog at bedtime.

WhatAHooHa Mon 08-Dec-14 12:02:10

Remote control helicopter. Enjoyed by everyone from teenage boys up to grandad in our family!

PeterParkerSays Mon 08-Dec-14 12:36:17

Ooh, some good ideas. Fido is a Jack Russell so I'm not sure whether she's tall enough for flyball but I'll look into it. I like the panini idea and the helicopter so will investigate.

Cupcakes, we're 70 miles away or we would dogsit.

I'm also off to find out what a thronkersaurus is.....

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 09-Dec-14 07:33:02

Oh yes, JRTs can most definitely flyball! And do agility, healwork to music, rally-O... anything really. The dog world isn't size-ist grin

Where does your brother live? I might be able to recomend something if that's the route you want to go down.

Justinepants Tue 09-Dec-14 13:51:38

Thank you for the Thonkersaurus recommendation. That's my secret Santa sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now