Talk

Advanced search

Gift for 10 year old girl? Approx £15?

(20 Posts)
Whowillsaveyoursoul Sun 07-Dec-14 20:40:45

It's for dh's goddaughter. We rarely see her so don't know what she's into. She has two smaller siblings but as they are only 4 and 3 I've bought for them no problem.
We don't want to ask what to get her as her parents usually ask for something that costs about £50 and we can't afford it! We spend about £15 on each of the children and feel that's plenty since there's 3 of them.

Anyway - any ideas? Please? I could get a gift voucher I guess but would rather give a gift. Thanks.

Clueing4looks Sun 07-Dec-14 20:46:02

Monster high doll

There's a nice knit your own scarf set for £15 in BHS

Doh Vinci set

Now 89 Cd

wonderpants Sun 07-Dec-14 20:49:42

David Walliams book, nice top, pyjamas/ onesie, handbag, stationary, Guinness book of records always would go down well here!

hashtagwhatever Sun 07-Dec-14 20:50:02

Some nice pajamas and slippers?

Dd 11 loves comfy pj's

rollonthesummer Sun 07-Dec-14 20:54:38

Pyjamas
Stationery
itunes/H+M voucher
Anything cute from Claire's
Ripley's Believe it or not
nail varnish set
jewellery box
lovely socks or slippers

Nice for her parents to ask for things costing £50. Bloody cheek!

DharmaBumpkin Sun 07-Dec-14 20:59:06

Really nice hairbrush and some Argan oil

Prizepudding Sun 07-Dec-14 21:23:55

The klutz books are good, my 10 yr old dd likes the washi tape sticker one. There are lots of other ones if you google klutz.

www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=462012&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&searchTerm=Washi+tape&filters=9books

marne2 Sun 07-Dec-14 21:26:59

My daughter would be horrified if she got a hair brush ( not girly at all ), my dd would love a sketch pad and some nice sketching pencils or a nice diary.

lardylump Sun 07-Dec-14 21:30:34

dont go to claire's outragously expensive.

DD is 11 she loves origami and anything she can 'fiddle' with

rollonthesummer Sun 07-Dec-14 23:00:06

My daughter would be horrified if she got a hair brush

TBH, my DD would be horrified to get a Monster High Doll as suggested up thread.

OP, do you know this child at all? Obviously, as all adults are not the same, all ten year old girls aren't the same either. My DD would love a hairbrush, but clearly others wouldn't.

happsymum Sun 07-Dec-14 23:05:03

ooo i second the david walliams books, think the works sell them for £2 too. reading billionaire boy at the moment before bed ( she can do it herself but i love she still likes to read in bed with me) she's asking for her bedtime to get later - just to finish it!

BeyondRepair Sun 07-Dec-14 23:05:47

Djeco set, loads to choose from, stunning.

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 07-Dec-14 23:16:24

Dneice used to love monster high but at 10 almost 11 she is now too old.

A Zoella make up/pencil case with a selection if Zoella smelliest from Superdrug?

Dd loved anything from Claire's.

Nail varnish sets are popular

Anything owl themed (dd has a handbag & purse that she loves)

zippyandbungle Sun 07-Dec-14 23:16:32

A cinema voucher. My DDs used them to buy crap at the food stand that I wouldn't pay for. Ice blast nasties and such stuff, but oh my goodness did they appreciate those vouchers.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Mon 08-Dec-14 08:35:11

The YouTube blogger Zoella has a book out, Girl Online. That has quickly moved to the top of the Christmas list for my 10 year old

ImFineThankYouSusan Mon 08-Dec-14 09:42:03

Wreck This Journal plus some pens/pencils/stationary to help get her started.

GooseyLoosey Mon 08-Dec-14 09:51:24

Dd is 10 and her friends are not really in to pop music, make-up or accessories and would have no idea what Monster High was and the Zoella book would leave her bewildered.

David Walliams' books are funny but many kids have them already.

I have bought dd a �11 barking alarm clock from my dad and I know she will love it. Pretty sure most of her friends would too. www.whsmith.co.uk/products/gadget-shop-smart-dog-alarm-clock/35931621

She also wants furry boot slippers.

gingerbreadmam Mon 08-Dec-14 12:16:15

ive got my 11 year old niece a friendship bracelet making set from boots in the 3 for 2. i used to make them when i was little so will be fun to help her plus she loves things like that. could be worth a look.

also, her full christmas list is off one of the gadget shops so im guessing anything like that would be a good buy?

jThompson Mon 08-Dec-14 12:22:41

I'd second the klutz books, DD has a few and they have all been reasonably easy to follow instructions.

How to train your dragon is popular here too, both the books and the films. The new on only came out on DVD recently so more chance she doesn't already have it.

Or how about sharing something you may have enjoyed around that age. Mine have both enjoyed watching the BBC Chronicles of Narnia recently. Audio books of 5 children and It, the borrowers and that sort of thing have gone down well too.

snowmanshoes Mon 08-Dec-14 12:41:41

Don't think you can go wrong with stationery at that age, or a Harajuku perfume.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now