Talk

Advanced search

6 year old singing machine /dance mat

(15 Posts)
ErnesttheBavarian Sun 07-Dec-14 20:29:21

My 6 yr old dd loves singing and dancing. I am techno thick. Anyone know a singing/karaoke machine suitable? Also a dance mat - are they dependant on games console? we have a wii and a ps4? or is it possible to get one not with console? and simple? Thanks smile

ErnesttheBavarian Mon 08-Dec-14 08:38:29

bump. especially the baffling work of dance mats

ErnesttheBavarian Mon 08-Dec-14 08:38:46

world. not work.

wigglesrock Mon 08-Dec-14 09:37:03

We had a stand alone dance mat just ran on batteries. It was a high school musical one (shows you how long ago it was smile). My kids loved it, it's still floating about somewhere. There were light up pads that's showed you were to go and different speeds of HSM songs - it really was a great toy. I've had a quick flick at there's a Monster High one in Smyths and Amazon is pulling up some results too. Mine have also played the Just Dance Wii game which again they enjoyed but it wasn't as much "fun" as the original dance mat.

ErnesttheBavarian Mon 08-Dec-14 10:26:42

Thanks. So it doesn't plug into a TV or anything? A saw a couple but they said they only had 4 songs. Is that what yours was like? Doesn't it get a bit boring? I'm sure she would love one. Didn't realise it was going to be complicated!

wigglesrock Mon 08-Dec-14 10:38:52

No, it didn't plug in, I think there was about 5 or 6 songs it didn't get boring for them (on the other hand there were days where I could have cheerfully bucked it out the window). My eldest got it about 6 years ago and my younger daughters all loved it as well.

TimelyNameChangey Mon 08-Dec-14 11:35:32

I think you need a karaoke machine OP. They're about 50 pounds. Or google dance mat children.

ErnesttheBavarian Mon 08-Dec-14 18:20:36

i wanted to get her both karaoke machine and dance mat. You know any good ones?

TimelyNameChangey Mon 08-Dec-14 18:35:08

You mean all in one? I think you might have a hard time as people use Wii for that sort of thing

If you want them separately just read the reviews on Amazon and Argos...they're usually reliable.

Fxckedmywayuptothetop Mon 08-Dec-14 18:38:09

I have a lovely wii karaoke game for my 3 girls called 'Wii sing' comes with 2 microphones and hundreds of songs, some which they'll know and some which even you won't know hmm

ErnesttheBavarian Wed 10-Dec-14 08:23:12

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I want to buy her 2 things.
1. a karaoke machine. 2. a dance mat.

I have read all of the reviews on amazon and tbh they are all crap sad The best ones are only rated 3 stars, and they seem to either say they are way too easy and 3 year olds are bored after 2 days, or they are too difficult. There is one on the german amazon but there are no reviews at all. I am not in UK so I can buy from amazon uk but not really from argos.

The wii thing looks good, but I think an actual karaoke machine would be better cos she could then have it in her room and use it whenever she wants. The kids karaoke machines don't have screens with the lyrics? So it's basically just a big cd player with microphone? The cheapest one that seemed to have a screen was more like 150, and she can't read yet so seems a bit excessive!

I thought a dance mat would be easy confused

We have been in the amusement arcade in UK where there`s some sort of dance game with dance mat and she loves watching the older teens playing it and would love to have a go (but I'm too tight to pay 2 quid and look a fool in public to go on it with her)

Footle Wed 10-Dec-14 08:44:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ErnesttheBavarian Wed 10-Dec-14 09:29:17

My dd likes to sing and dance. she isn't plugged in. hmm Dunno why that cooment has annoyed me but it has. She hasn't got a phone, or a tv in her room or a nintendo ds or a lap top or an ipod or even a v-tech whatever. She has no gadgets at all.

I thought I'd get her a karaoke machine so she could sing along and also listen to some story cds in her own room. Your comment sounds judgey. I don't think it's excessive to want to enhance her fun singing and dancing fgs. hmm

But thanks for the constructive help. Surprised you could find time to waste valuable minutes of your life judging rather than helping. cheers and Happy Christmas to you toofsmile fbiscuit

Footle Wed 10-Dec-14 23:30:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ErnesttheBavarian Thu 11-Dec-14 09:25:06

Now that I am feeling normal again I see my rant response was possibly a little OTTfblush sorry.

Anyway thank you everyone for help and suggestions. I chose a karaoke machine with disco lights which she will love. Then I discovered that we have a wii mat which can be used for dance games and found a wii Disney dance game which seems to be aimed exactly right age wise and got good reviews so I think she'll be delighted. And it only cost €15 so I am too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now