Talk

Advanced search

Shop bought mince pies with a frangipane topping?

(6 Posts)
BlairBass Sun 07-Dec-14 20:27:21

If anyone has spied any mince pies in shops that have a frangipane or almond topping could you please let me know? Am having piggish-lustful thoughts about some I could order from Bertinet but refuse to pay £22.95 for 12!!
And I won't make any... I know I should... But teething 7 month old and house redevelopment make it a bit of a chore! If only watching me cook amused her ;-)

500smiles Sun 07-Dec-14 20:28:35

Waitrose have them - lovely big ones with either marzipan or frangipane topping and they are bloody delicious.

BlairBass Sun 07-Dec-14 21:00:12

Omg 500smiles - thank you!!!!
Will be hot footing it there tomorrow to get both. Hurrah!!

Slongette Sun 07-Dec-14 21:09:31

My sister made these today - they were yum fsmile

JoB Mon 08-Dec-14 19:02:10

Hello - The pies are actually £14 when in the wooden gift box, 95p each loose - the rest of the charge is just a straight passing on of the cost of next day delivery from Royal Mail. If you can get to Bath you can can buy them without postage. We hope to have have them available further afield but next Christmas! If you want to bake your own, Richard's recipe is in his book Pastry (Ebury). Mrs B, The Bertinet Bakery

BlairBass Mon 08-Dec-14 19:54:03

Gosh, thank you JoB. I have a friend in Bath so maybe can rope her into getting me some for Chrissy. They do look divine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now