Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Games to play during / after Christmas dinner at the dinner table

(8 Posts)
Lipsofchicken Sun 07-Dec-14 17:19:52

Has anyone got any ideas of fun games to play before, between courses, or after the dinner so that the family remain at the table for longer rather than running off to play on their new gadgets? I mean fun games that need little in the way of props, no board games etc.
Guests around our table will range from 6 to 76.
We have played the After Eight Mint game before, where you have to try and move an After Eight mint from your forehead to mouth with out touching it, that's quite funny. Any others?

december12 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:32:33

My Grandad used to organise How Green You Are. One person leave the room while the others hide a thimble. When the seeker returns, the others sing "How Green You Are" getting louder as they get closer and softer if they move further away until it's found.

december12 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:33:25

My Grandad loved Christmas. He also used to get table fireworks. Can you still get them?

Leeds2 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:33:47

A-Z game, where you take it in turn to say something Christmassy, first person naming something beginning with A, second with B and so on.

We have played roulette after dinner, and I know a friend had blow football last year. Have also bought crackers with reindeer inside, that you wind up and have races with.

Iamblossom Sun 07-Dec-14 17:35:54

I went shopping memory game

MissRee Sun 07-Dec-14 17:40:43

Uno!

SocialButterfly Sun 07-Dec-14 17:49:29

The one where someone is the guesser. Everyone else has to pass a penny underneath the table for 30 seconds. Then the guesser has to guess who is holding the penny. If they are right they stay guessing, if they are wrong the person that has the penny becomes the guesser. It's quite funny trying to get the penny past the guesser without them knowing.

Cockadoodledooo Sun 07-Dec-14 18:29:54

We had a hysterical time last year with a word association game (ages 3 - 66).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now