Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a really stunning Wreath this year that I can copycat please?

(9 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Sun 07-Dec-14 13:22:03

We are making a bit more of an effort this year as DD is old enough to get it all this year - and we have just had our house painted to want to make sure it looks fab.

I cannot find a new wreath that is big / special / interesting enough.
Would ideally like something colourful as we have bought coloured popsicle lights and we have a black front door so contrast good.

Maybe a long shot but worth a try as I am losing the plot with trawling websites to no avail!

thanks

madsadbad Sun 07-Dec-14 13:27:07

How crafty are you? You could make your own out of coloured ballballs?
Thats a shit idea, but I have written it so im posting it grin

WowserBowser Sun 07-Dec-14 13:37:14

You could steal one?

Or try out the MN one?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2250292-My-neighbour-stole-my-wreath-And-now-its-hanging-on-their-front-door?

curlycat Sun 07-Dec-14 18:49:50

Dunelm mill had bright decorations when i was in yesterday. Not sure if they had a wreath though

Fathertedismyuncle Sun 07-Dec-14 22:53:35

www.littleyellowbirds.co.uk/products/felt-ball-wreath

Liveinthepresent Mon 08-Dec-14 14:13:53

Thanks for replies.

I probably should have stated in OP that I have not a single crafty gene in me. Not a chance of me producing anything door worthy!
Not sure about theft either
Wowser though maybe if I saw the perfect specimen I might have a rethink!! Great thread though!

Fatherted I like yours very much - do you have this one yourself ? Keen to know if it has enough visual impact..

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 08-Dec-14 15:54:17

My neighbour bought a basic one from Lidl for five pounds & then added baubles & battery operated lights to jazz it up. It looked quite nice.

MinceSpy Mon 08-Dec-14 17:09:49

My DD and I made the Mumsnet homemade wreath. Some ivy etc from the bottom of the garden, a couple cheap decorations and a set of brightly coloured battery operated lights from the pound shop. It has been much admired.

Fathertedismyuncle Mon 08-Dec-14 20:41:32

Liveinthepresent
I do have one of these. It gets lots of comment. I have it up all year round!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now