Advanced search

Postable gifts for Australian DC

(8 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Sun 07-Dec-14 12:52:00

Help!
we want to send gifts to some relatives who have a brand new baby girl - DC 3
the others are DS 6 ish and DD 4.5
Anyone got any bright ideas?

We don't keep in touch closely enough to know much about what they are in to so feeling a bit stumped! Ideally it would be nice to send something that isn't readily available in Sydney if there is anything.

TIA

addictedtosugar Sun 07-Dec-14 20:15:50

Successful things received from Aus are Kangaroo stuffed toy, koala toy, kangaroo puppet, clothes (make sure the season would be right!).
What about a London / England teeshirt?

police bear
beefeater
double decker bus

Set of matchbox cars - hackney cab, double decker bus etc Don't know if this exists!

Liveinthepresent Sun 07-Dec-14 22:26:33

Thanks for these ideas - hate this sort of extra Christmas shopping that I don't have a plan for. Will try to research.
They gave sent my DD gorgeous clothes in the past so want to get it right.

addictedtosugar Mon 08-Dec-14 07:12:40

err, have you looked at the last posting date for Aus.....

Padthai Mon 08-Dec-14 10:02:13

You have missed the last posting date from UK to Australia . However you could try to buy online. My favourite place to buy new baby gifts in Sydney is a shop called infancy, (they sell online) really lovely stuff and you might be able to get a toy for the two older kids from there. Otherwise try Myer or David jones on line. Pumpkin patch may also be good for clothes but she might have lots of that already. Kidstuff is a good toy shop in Sydney that also sells online. I would imagine they all ship interstate if your friend is not in NSW .

Sootgremlin Mon 08-Dec-14 10:53:39

Marks and Spencers do free delivery to Australia, you can buy toys/clothes and have them sent direct.

SavoyCabbage Mon 08-Dec-14 10:59:52

I would get them something from marks and Spencer's like Soot says or Next. You click on the Australian flag on the website for Next Australia.

Liveinthepresent Mon 08-Dec-14 14:16:08

Thanks all will look at your ideas.
Should have said in OP am not really fussed about timing as Christmas gifts - then new baby is the trigger and I figured while we were at it I wouldn't want to leave the siblings out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now