Talk

Advanced search

What did you most want for Christmas when you were a child?

(75 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sun 07-Dec-14 12:03:47

Someone just wrote about Mr Frosty on another thread and I got a little shiver remembering how much I wanted one and how excited I was when I opened it on Christmas morning grin

DH remembers getting a Spirograph and a snooker table !! (Must have been considerably richer than we were!) and having to keep it up in the living room all Christmas Day smile

Ladymoods Sun 07-Dec-14 12:06:33

Lights Alive. I never got it though. fsad

curiousgeorgie Sun 07-Dec-14 12:07:53

Do they still make it?

Theselittlelightsofmine Sun 07-Dec-14 12:09:26

A Rag doll

Still waiting

hmm

cookietrue22 Sun 07-Dec-14 12:09:44

I never got Mr Frosty. I really wanted it though. We made our own version which consisted of spitting ice into a glass and adding cordial...disgusting fblush

Ladymoods Sun 07-Dec-14 12:18:12

Not sure. Probably not, I imagine it's a bit primitive now.

I also wanted a Mr Frosty but I've no idea why as I always hated those kind of drinks!

Whowillsaveyoursoul Sun 07-Dec-14 12:21:46

Lights alive go for quite a bit of money on eBay! They still look great and I'd quite like one even now. It's basically a light up magnadoodle. What's not to like?

FoxSticks Sun 07-Dec-14 12:24:02

Mr Frosty, mean nasty parents never let me have one sad

oneowlgirl Sun 07-Dec-14 12:26:16

No way - mine was Mr Frosty & I never got one either! grin

mabelbabel Sun 07-Dec-14 12:28:10

Mr Frosty and a Transformer. Never got either.

BooDidIScareYou Sun 07-Dec-14 12:28:16

Mr Frosty here too....never got one as my mum thought they were unhygienic hmm

Iamyourmil Sun 07-Dec-14 12:30:49

A really massive princess dress with a tiara and everything. ( like cinderella or belle).
Rag doll.

SunnyBaudelaire Sun 07-Dec-14 12:31:23

a Chopper bike or a pony. - older than you Mr Frosty yearners...

WhatWouldBlairWaldorfDo Sun 07-Dec-14 12:32:03

Mr frosty!!! Evil parents buying me fancy expensive presents when all i wanted was plastic shite sad
I never got a selection box either....

My mum and dad thought they were pointless as they just bought a load of chocolates and stuff at xmas anyway. Im now 28 and my brother is 35... We still buy each other a selection box every year ��

FoxSticks Sun 07-Dec-14 12:32:17

I was on a thread about those chocolate coin makers. The general consensus was they were crap and should be avoided despite how much children might want one. My view was that maybe children need to experience how crap they are for themselves rather than harbour resentment for years like I do over Mr Frosty!

NotSoSkinnyNow Sun 07-Dec-14 12:33:52

Another Mr Frosty fan still waiting here!
Although my Christmas wish came true the year Santa brought me the "petite 9-90"smile

Wanders off singing to self..."working 9 to 5.... Petite 9 90"

marne2 Sun 07-Dec-14 12:34:28

I wanted a Mr frosty and a cadburys chocolate dispenser grin, I didn't get either sad.

ClaudiaWinklepants Sun 07-Dec-14 12:37:29

Major Morgan! Never got one hmm

WhatWouldBlairWaldorfDo Sun 07-Dec-14 12:38:24

On a lighter note, the happiest day of my life was when i was about 5 and i opened all my xmas presents, all very nice, books, clothes, board games etc.

About an hour later i walked into my bedroom to see a mahooooosive box beautifully wrapped with a huge bow. I gawped in ahock for a while then opene it to reveal the barbie house that i had gone on about for months!!! My parents had bought it ages before then every time i had mentioned it they said 'we'll see but santa might not have time to make enough for all the little girls' .....

Happiest ive ever been smile

They still have it in their loft hoarders and they are getting it out this xmas for my 2year old niece. She will explode smile

Ladymoods Sun 07-Dec-14 12:40:11

retromash.com/argos/

You're either going to love me or hate me for this link - I've wasted precious hours browsing through it.

Ladymoods Sun 07-Dec-14 12:41:36

I loved my Major Morgan!

FoxSticks Sun 07-Dec-14 12:44:31

Me too Ladymeads <smug>

MrsDeVere Sun 07-Dec-14 12:46:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Badvocinapeartree Sun 07-Dec-14 12:47:48

A tiny tears doll and a girls world sad
I got a mr frosty...it was crap.

Tootssweet Sun 07-Dec-14 12:52:41

An Easter egg in a basket!

Never got one for Easter eithergrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now