Talk

Advanced search

what is this year's "finger lights"?

(14 Posts)
mabelbabel Sun 07-Dec-14 09:06:30

Finger lights were a big hit in stockings last year - lots of fun had on Christmas morning, though I don't generally like bits of plastic tat. I feel something equally transient, possibly light-up, would be a fun distraction again. Stockings (5 & 8 yo) will have an orange, personalised nutella, juice, choc coins, cereal bar or similar, Lego mixels, books, some polished stones or geodes or fossils, stickers and a small thing from the Christmas list.

What random but fun thing should I add?

mabelbabel Sun 07-Dec-14 09:08:25

(though dd2 is perilously close to getting stocking full of coal fwink)

SageSeymour Sun 07-Dec-14 15:30:32

Have a look in m and s. Oh and waitrose do the same.

They're clear plastic battery operated figures. I have a Christmas tree, a penguin and a snowman. They're a couple of inches high and you flick a switch at the bottom and they go through a rainbow of colours. £3.50 each - on a 3 for 2.

A cute little filler

SageSeymour Sun 07-Dec-14 15:31:55

I've also added ... ( my youngest is 8 )

A bag of chocolate Brussels sprouts ( m and s )

Mixels

Freddo frogs

A light up pen

A small egg containing some slime

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sun 07-Dec-14 15:54:38

I just got: glow sticks, glitter cup, wind up Santa, hair bobbles for dd's stockings

mabelbabel Sun 07-Dec-14 16:05:46

Slime sounds promising and light up things - I'll have a look. I bought some chocolate brussels too, but I've eaten them all.

Leeds2 Sun 07-Dec-14 16:53:41

The finger lights I ordered in November 2013 have still not turned up!

I have bought glow in the dark shoe laces this year. I think they were from Lakeland (not sure), but I have seen them in a few of the catalogues.

Also bought cake in a mug from Lakeland.

mabelbabel Sun 07-Dec-14 20:17:10

Ooh just seen on the bargain thread those glasses which make lights look like rudolf/stars etc. I've seen them in a shop before - I think that's what I need..

lostlalaloopsy Sun 07-Dec-14 21:28:04

Ooh mabelbabel those glasses sound great - what are they called?

QuinnTwinny Sun 07-Dec-14 21:43:33

Last year I got ds finger skateboards from the pound shop for his stocking, the set came with stickers to decorate them, a wee screwdriver for removing wheels and spare wheels. He LOVED them. Hundreds of pounds worth of presents (a massive family) and he just loved these skateboards that cost £1.

There is also the fake snow stuff (can't remember the exact name) from Hawkin's Bazaar. Excellent fun!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 07-Dec-14 21:46:56

Pound land have the snow and the skateboards.

QuinnTwinny Sun 07-Dec-14 21:54:35

I will be making a trip their tomorrow after work. My son genuinely LOVED them. The snow being in pound land now makes it even better!

MeAndMySpoon Sun 07-Dec-14 22:33:22

Please someone link to the novelty Rudolph glasses! If they're what I understand them to be, they sound great for DS1.

He's a very lucky DS1 because he asked FB for Harry Potter lego and I did say it was very rare (ebay, silly prices) and not made any more and I didn't think FC would be able to source it. And then walked into a charity shop to find several smallish sets, complete, boxed! grin He's also getting a Star Wars egg (contains small figurine), a couple of paperbacks he really wants, Star Wars torch keyring, and maybe a Therizinosaurus (obscure dinosaur with appallingly long fingernails) but possibly that will go under the tree from me, because frankly he has enough from the Man now!

mabelbabel Mon 08-Dec-14 09:57:07

The glasses are like these ones here:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGIC-CHRISTMAS-GLASSES-3D-turns-fairy-lights-into-rainbows-and-xmas-shapes-/261683175102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3ced885ebe
Though they have also been spotted in Homebase and Asda, so I will try that, or I think it was the in the garden centre that I saw them last year. They are pricey for flimsy cardboard specs, but they will be fun for a while.
The skateboards do sound like fun too - maybe for older DD, and especially for £1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now