Talk

Advanced search

Non-makeup makeup hamper?

(13 Posts)
JohnCusacksWife Sun 07-Dec-14 00:19:08

DD1 (10) has asked for some make up for Christmas but given her age I'm a bit reluctant. I was thinking of making up a beauty hamper for her but hopefully without too much actual make up! So far I have bendy rollers, colourful emery boards, a tinted lip balm, some hair accessories, a bath bomb, bubble bath. Was also thinking maybe a clear mascara, although not sure whether that's appropriate given her age? What do you think? Would really welcome some other age appropriate ideas!

RudyMentary Sun 07-Dec-14 00:26:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RudyMentary Sun 07-Dec-14 00:28:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWildermac Sun 07-Dec-14 00:28:28

Face masks? Home bargains do foot socks with moisturiser in that are quite fun. Pretty packet of tissues. Body spray? (The gold soap and glory one is quite nice - much nicer than the impulse stuff that so many girls seem to douse themselves in!). Hand cream/body butter? A small cosmetic bag she can carry lip balm/tissues etc around in?

attheendoftheday Sun 07-Dec-14 00:29:06

What about a nail art set? I've seen sets with some different colour nail varnishes, a precision brush for doing patterns and some of the little sticker things to add.

JohnCusacksWife Sun 07-Dec-14 00:43:09

Pretty tissues and a body spray added to the list! Are lip smackers like a tinted balm? Forgot I had a nail polish in my stash...will add that too.

hellokittehhhh Sun 07-Dec-14 07:50:07

I've done this for my dd, she's only 7 but wanted a 'pamper' box. Most of the bits I got from primark. Paul Frank bag to put it all in, fun emery boards,expanding flannel, an eye mask you put in the fridge, a monster loofer thing, hair brush and a headband. Then from other places have picked her some face masks animal lip balms, children's nail Polish, bubble bath, body spray and glitter body spray.

I hope she likes it, she's a very girly girl and I'm not so wasnt sure what to buy! The make up bag wa the most expensive item at £3!

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Dec-14 07:56:03

I just got my dd a great book about hair styles for her eleventh birthday. She really liked it. It's called braids buns and twists.

BeaLola Sun 07-Dec-14 10:07:29

A tangle tweezer n her favourite colour. Some pop bands.

Khalessi Sun 07-Dec-14 15:09:03

Some Zoella bits?

Starfishiecloverhv Sun 07-Dec-14 19:13:55

Nail Varnish
Face Masks
Body shop have some nice lip balms in different flavours
Some nice hair clips and bobbles (trip to claires maybe)
Body Spray
Toe seperators
Nail Art stickers

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 07-Dec-14 19:30:13

Clear mascara - Rimmel do one, my DD uses it on her eyebrows.

Those shower gels "I love" (Superdrugs and Primark sell them. DD likes the Raspberry and Blackcurrant one and the Pomegranate one)

marne2 Sun 07-Dec-14 21:35:36

Lip gloss rather than lip stick, body shop do a glittery body butter, lush bath bombs are popular with my dd's and they do lip scrub/sugar which tastes yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now