Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need some big items - help!

(8 Posts)
fullcircleagain Sat 06-Dec-14 23:30:22

Hi there,

I'm cutting back this year - we have four children and they are used to having far too much.

I've got them some really nice things bit they're all small. I need some ideas on big things I can buy which are under 30£. My kids are aged 5,8,10 - boys and girls. Please help - I have barely started yet and my husband's hopeless (currently snoring on the sofa).

I'm happy to be cutting back but still want to create the impression they have some larger items, and the tree doesn't look too bare.

Thanks everyone!!

Minnie911 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:36:30

What sorts of things are they interested in?
You could do arts and craft supplies and bulk it out with a few canvases for them to paint or even an easel for 5yo.

WaitingForMe Sun 07-Dec-14 11:30:59

Last year mine (8,5 and 1) got a wooden puppet theatre. I can't remember much of what else they got as the theatre was such a hit.

It was wooden from a charity shop but there are plenty of wood/card ones out there. It's a big (size wise) gift that golds flat.

fullcircleagain Mon 08-Dec-14 15:51:59

Thank you!!!! The puppet theatre is absolutely ace!!!!!!! And the easel is also a great idea. Sorted for the 4 year old.

SolomanDaisy Mon 08-Dec-14 16:04:28

The play mobile Noah's ark comes in absolutely massive box! Might the five year old like that?

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Mon 08-Dec-14 17:10:19

Argos have cardboard play castles that dcs can colour in themselves - maybe for the you her ones?? They are half price at £9.99 at the min

scrappydappydoo Mon 08-Dec-14 17:12:31

Could you put the smaller things in bigger boxes - so they look more?

Lifesalemon Mon 08-Dec-14 17:25:47

Do they need beanbags, cushions or throws for their room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now