Talk

Advanced search

Secret Santa present for a train / bus spotter?

(3 Posts)
Inselaffe Sat 06-Dec-14 15:16:17

A young (24/25?) male geek in my office. They like:

Private Eye; the Lib Dems; bus spotting (I didn't even realise this was a thing!); train spotting; they do all the cooking at home as far as I'm aware.

Budget is £5. I could get chocolate or something but I thought that would be a cop-out. I was thinking of something transport related but not sure what. They are also an avid rabid football fan but I can't remember their team.

I was thinking of going into Ian Allen (train spotters shop) and getting a serious gift but too much potential for it to go wrong... there are a few train spotters at work and I've realised they all like different things, e.g. freight trains vs passenger trains vs steam trains vs going around the country and ticking things off. I find the whole thing bemusing and don't have a clue.

Person doesn't really drink proper tea or coffee at work - they prefer the shite free powdered drinks from the machine. They studied maths at uni and bring in their own lunch. Is any of that helpful?

Yes, I work in a very male dominated environment!

flowers for any help!

schmeegle Sat 06-Dec-14 17:11:42

This year I got the nerd in my life (DH) an 'I ♡ Spreadsheets' mug.

He's going to love it, bless him..........

caitlinannalisesmummy Sat 06-Dec-14 23:00:15

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/193905084/travel-card-walletoyster-card-wallet?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=oyster+card+bus&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_locationQuery=2635167&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now