Talk

Advanced search

What do I buy a three year old for Christmas?!

(17 Posts)
Gingernut81 Sat 06-Dec-14 09:42:10

Hi

I'm hoping some of you out there will be able to help. I have no children and am absolutely clueless about what to buy my friends three year old boy for Christmas!

I've seen Happy Hopperz - I think they look great fun but not sure whether a three year old would agree smile Can anyone recommend?

Also wondered about Duplo superheroes or hexbugs?

Any help would be great!

Thanks, Gingernut

kiwidreamer Sat 06-Dec-14 09:55:05

Duplo is a winner, dress up outfit in his favorite character, marvel mash up / mash 'ems, a fancy play doh set, stamps if he's crafty. Most 3yr old boys I've known adored super hero stuff at that age but not all, find out if he's into them and run with that smile

Gingernut81 Sat 06-Dec-14 09:59:36

Thanks,

He's into his super heroes so I'll have a look at the marvel stuff you mentioned, never heard of them!

PotteringAlong Sat 06-Dec-14 10:02:45

My 3 year old is Thomas the tank engine mad!

Clueing4looks Sat 06-Dec-14 10:03:19

Maybe ask what his favourite tv show/movie is and buy something associated with that? When my son was 3 he loved Thomas the tank engine, handy manny, toy story and bob the builder.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 06-Dec-14 10:53:30

Duplo
Dressing up stuff
Octonauts toys
Imaginext batman toys

All hugely popular with DS when he was 3.

darlingfascistbullyboy Sat 06-Dec-14 10:56:58

my 3yo is getting Thomas take & play sets as his main present.

Xmas2014MN2531 Sat 06-Dec-14 15:00:44

My 3 year old would love Duplo superheroes.

Also Imaginext, jigsaws, dressing up clothes, train track, playmobil and orchard games.

Livvylongpants Sat 06-Dec-14 16:01:06

DD is 3 and getting

Jigsaw
New lunchbox and backpack
Sticker books
Writing books
Reading books--we like books--
Colouring pens
Colouring books
Frozen dolls (maybe superhero dolls)
Dressing up stuff
Kids tablet

SolomanDaisy Sat 06-Dec-14 20:59:02

Get the happy hopper! My 3 year old gets so much fun out of his and if storage space is tight it can be deflated. Not that we ever do, he uses it every day.

DamselNotInHerDress Sat 06-Dec-14 21:09:03

Don't know what a happy hopper is, is it a space hopper? Ds (3) would probably love one of those.
He is a huge fan of cars/trucks/lorries/diggers! - anything with wheels, and the beauty of those presents is that you can never have enough!
This afternoon, ds made a long chain of all his vehicles going all the way around the house fsmile

DamselNotInHerDress Sat 06-Dec-14 21:10:37

I've just had a look and the happy hopper looks brilliant - may get one for ds now fgrin

SolomanDaisy Sun 07-Dec-14 15:03:22

I honestly can't recommend the happy hopper enough! It's great for burning off energy in bad weather. I think every child who's ever been here has loved it.

GoofyIsACow Sun 07-Dec-14 15:05:40

Yeah we have happy hopperz, they are fantastic! they come in adult size

also Thomas mad 3 yr olds here

HoHoHappyHolidays Sun 07-Dec-14 15:19:02

www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Your-Cardboard-Rocket-Playset/dp/B00F9X3Z96/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1417965441&sr=1-1&keywords=cardboard+rocket

BertieBotts Sun 07-Dec-14 15:22:11

Happy Hoppers are great, but the parents may hate you if they have a small house grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 07-Dec-14 15:24:56

Dd will be three a few days before christmas and she is getting some Playmobil. The camping set and the swimming pool look like good "first sets".

Also, what about a personalised story from LostMyName.co.uk? Dd has one and ds is getting one, and they are beautiful rhyming stories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now